Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Any way to share headers between pan and nget?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venus_to_mars
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Any way to share headers between pan and nget? Reply with quote

I've been using pan to search newsgroups for stuff to download and using nget to grab the files. Now, my question is: is there a way I can share headers between pan and nget so I don't need to download headers for each program? If it wasn't for this, my current newsgroup setup would be perfect.

Thanks
Spent
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any reason why your not downloading the files while in pan? Just right click on a header and save the attachment. Thats what I do. I see no reason to use 2 programs.
venus_to_mars
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent wrote:
Is there any reason why your not downloading the files while in pan? Just right click on a header and save the attachment. Thats what I do. I see no reason to use 2 programs.

It seems like nget downloads things faster. Also, often times I'll know exactly what I want off a newsgroup, down to the filename, without needing to browse though, and messing with pan would be less efficient.
mazirian
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent wrote:

Nget gives you a good reason to use two programs. Check out my diatribe on nget here:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-233210-highlight-nget.html

I used to be a Pan fan too, if for no other reason than that it is the "Pimp Ass Newsreader," but I only use it now to browse newsgroups and find the subject lines of posts I want to download. Nget automates the whole process, works really efficiently with multiple servers and generally kicks ass. Lately, I just watch an RSS feed of posts to a newsgroup I like and then use nget to grab the par files.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: