View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfaine
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: bitchx look and sound Reply with quote

Version: bitchx-1.0.19-r3

Ok, I've looked around and I can't seem to find out anything so I'll ask here and maybe someone will know.

A. I've tried several themes (cypress) for bitchx and they all seem to be just randomly colored ascii characters. Am I doing something wrong/misconfigured something. One would think maybe those ascii charachters should be translated into some kind of graphical element like bars and lines and such. The default bitchx theme is the only one with such a graphic.

B. Does bitchx support sound outside of the default console beep? If so how do I configure/get it to work? I did compile with --enable-sound, though I admit I had to disable the esd/audiofile testing as it never worked. I assumed it to be a problem with the configure script as they were both available on the system, found and supposedly used once I disabled the testing.

Thanks,
-Mark
Rubberneck
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:15 am    Post subject: ANSI Fonts Reply with quote

You need a ansi font also you might want to try using rxvt instead of xterm. You can get a ansi font from http://home.earthlink.net/~us5zahns/enl/ansifont.html

--Rubberneck
darktux
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you use the term? That's whay I do.. Hey? Wasn't BitchX made to use there? :wink:

www.tuxslare.org - My reborn website :P
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: