Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
grdesktop / rdesktop full screen minimize / change window?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crisis
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: grdesktop / rdesktop full screen minimize / change window? Reply with quote

I'm using the grdesktop frontend for rdesktop, and basically I'd like a way to run it full screen but have a keystroke to switch to a different workspace, or minimize, or anyway to get out of the window without disconnecting.

Anyone know a way to do this? I love the app but wish I didn't have to run it in a small window.
Zyne
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: grdesktop / rdesktop full screen minimize / change windo Reply with quote

Crisis wrote:
I'm using the grdesktop frontend for rdesktop, and basically I'd like a way to run it full screen but have a keystroke to switch to a different workspace, or minimize, or anyway to get out of the window without disconnecting.

Anyone know a way to do this? I love the app but wish I didn't have to run it in a small window.

you tried man rdesktop?
I'm pretty sure there's a way to put it fullscreen....
I have it at 1152x876 where my X server is running at 1280x1024... works great for me...

Code:

-g <geometry>
              Desktop geometry (WxH). If geometry is the special word "workarea",
              the geometry will be fetched from the extended window manager hints
              property _NET_WORKAREA, from the root window. The geometry can also
              be specified as a percentage of the whole screen, e.g. "-g 80%".
       -f     Enable fullscreen mode.  This  overrides  the  window  manager  and
              causes  the  rdesktop  window  to  fully  cover the current screen.
              Fullscreen mode can be toggled at any time using Ctrl-Alt-Enter.

reading the man pages can be so much fun (and really helpful too actually...) :)
Crisis
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, read my post. My problem is that while running it full screen, I can't minimize it or change to an alternate workspace.

I've read the man page as well as checked out their website. Searching these forums only resulted in one old post with someone who seemed to have the same problem...
Zyne
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's wrong with the geometry setting?
the thing you want to achieve will not be possible...
Crisis
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

call me a perfectionist I guess. I know there are alternatives, but I would still like to accomplish full screen abilities if possible.

My laptop can only run up to 1024x768, which is also our default windows server resolution. It would be nice to have multiple workspaces in linux, and have several RDP connections, 1 per workspace, full screen that I can tab between.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: