whats wrong!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThisBullet
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: whats wrong! Reply with quote

i just got a brand new mobo, psu,cpu and ram from dell 2 yrs out of warrenty. it was working perfectly when the local tech assembled it (i could've done it but i wanted warrenty on the work) i swapped gpu's and it was running fine. i took it out again and double faced tape the fan to the heatsink and put a rubber band around the card to support it (dont ask, i was bored i regret it now) and put it back in and hooked up this crappy 3pin to peripheral cord in my dell, a piece of the exposed wire on it hit the inside metal of the case. now in KDE on a gentoo system im getting random color lines, excssivly slow performance, long time to switch resolutions, random characters on the dell screen and opengl cannot communicate with the gpu and i verified that it is not the gpu by putting an older gpu that was origionally in the dell into the system and seeing the same results
moocha
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously a hardware problem. I suggest you take the system to your local tech to fix it. Fiddling with it will probably only make it worse if you don't know exactly what you're doing.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- attributed to Benjamin Franklin
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: