View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: xfce4 panel crashes Reply with quote

Hi all,

I got a weird problem since I did an emerge -uD world (aprox. 70 packages) a few days ago.
The xfce panel crashes just about 30 seconds after I start xfce. Its just gone. I already rebuild all xfce4 packages, updated to 4.2.1 and went back to 4.2.0. During that time I also upgraded to the new glibc, but the panel still crashes. I tried searching bugs.gentoo.org and the xfce4 bugtracker, but so far I found nothing.

Oh yes, and the weird thing is: After it crashes, when I open a terminal and run xfce4-panel from there, it stays. Doesn't crash anymore.

Anyone got any ideas? Else I guess I should file a bug report.

--
shawk
mkhan.0xb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If xfce is configured to save and load sessions automatically, try deleting the saved sessions (or move them somewhere else) and then restarting it. I don't know why but in my case the problem went away after doing this.
shawk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the issue:

Its with alsa and the panel-mixer plugin. The guys at xfce knew of the bug http://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=855 and are already working on a fix.
Seems it catches all alsa users, that have the mixer-plugin installed and use some special system call.

Thanks for the hint though mkhan.0xb!

--
shawk
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: