I think I borked my maildir can anyone help? -- solved
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jl_678
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: I think I borked my maildir can anyone help? -- solved Reply with quote

I was monkeying around with my maildir and the emails contained within. I wanted to move the emails to a different directory, but did not want to use an imap client. (bad idea.) I moved them from ./.maildir/cur directory to another directory. (./.maildir/oldinbox/cur) I had problems because when I tried top open the directory I get the following:

Code:

ERROR : Could not complete request.
Unknown response from IMAP server: 1.* NO Cannot open message 1 * NO Cannot open message 2 * NO Cannot open message 3 * NO Cannot open message 4 * NO Cannot open message 5 * NO Cannot open message 6 * NO Cannot open message 7 * NO Cannot open message 8 *

This continues for all of the messages. This was not good so I moved them back to the original directory (./.maildir/cur) and gues what, no it gives me the same message! Now I have this dir with many emails, and am not sure how to get courier-imap to recognize it. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I am in a bind as I do not want lose all of those old emails, but I am not sure what to do to get the files recognized.

TIA for any feedback.

JL
jl_678
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Solution Reply with quote

The solution that seemed to work was to stop courier-imap and then copy the maildir files into the "new" directory. I also made sure that all of the permissions and paths matched. Once I started courier-imap, it recognized the files without a problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: