Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[SOLVED]Another PHP compilation problem: cracklib or so??...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
innuendo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED]Another PHP compilation problem: cracklib or so??... Reply with quote

I really was searching the web for this problem :roll: :roll: :roll:
On emerging php-4.3.10 I always get the following error:
Code:

In file included from /var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c:30:
/usr/include/packer.h:28: error: parse error before "uint32_t"
/usr/include/packer.h:30: error: parse error before "pih_blocklen"
/usr/include/packer.h:31: error: parse error before "pih_pad"
/usr/include/packer.h:40: error: parse error before "uint32_t"
/usr/include/packer.h:50: error: conflicting types for 'data'
/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/main/php.h:259: error: previous declaration of 'data' was here
/usr/include/packer.h:50: error: conflicting types for 'data'
/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/main/php.h:259: error: previous declaration of 'data' was here
/usr/include/packer.h:51: error: parse error before '}' token
/usr/include/packer.h:56: error: parse error before '*' token
/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c:32: error: parse error before '*' token
/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c:33: error: parse error before '*' token
/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c: In function `_crack_open_dict':
/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c:71: error: `pwdict' undeclared (first use in this function)
/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c:71: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c:71: error: for each function it appears in.)
/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c: At top level:
/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c:99: error: parse error before '*' token
/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c: In function `_close_crack_dict':
/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c:101: error: `pwdict' undeclared (first use in this function)/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c: In function `zif_crack_closedict':
/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c:176: error: `pwdict' undeclared (first use in this function)/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c:199: error: parse error before ')' token
/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c: In function `zif_crack_check':
/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c:216: error: `pwdict' undeclared (first use in this function)/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c:239: error: parse error before ')' token
/var/tmp/portage/php-4.3.10/work/php-4.3.10/ext/crack/crack.c: At top level:
/usr/include/packer.h:47: error: storage size of `header' isn't known
make: *** [ext/crack/crack.lo] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

!!! ERROR: dev-php/php-4.3.10 failed.
!!! Function php-sapi_src_compile, Line 544, Exitcode 2
!!! compile problem

What's wrong wiith the crack.c and the packer.h???!! Should I tell the system a couple of wizard's words? :evil:
I use vanilla-kernel-2.6.10, gcc-3.4.3
So ??? 8O 8O
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Last edited by innuendo on Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
noobix
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: _DAMN!! Another PHP compilation problem: cracklib or so? Reply with quote

re-emerge cracklib?
innuendo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: _DAMN!! Another PHP compilation problem: cracklib or so? Reply with quote

noobix wrote:
re-emerge cracklib?

Will parse errors leave? %) I have reemerged it of cource, no matter.. Damn, it seems this is a bug or something, what is it??
Can any body help please??!
wjholden
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent a weekend trying to get PHP to compile. The thing that finally solved it was to add
Code:
dev-php/php -* dba gd mysql -cpdflib
to /etc/portage/package.use
It also helps to remove apr-utils and apr with emerge -C. This may or may not be necessary for you. I was not having exactly the same error message as you are.
innuendo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

destuxor wrote:
I spent a weekend trying to get PHP to compile. The thing that finally solved it was to add
Code:
dev-php/php -* dba gd mysql -cpdflib
to /etc/portage/package.use
It also helps to remove apr-utils and apr with emerge -C. This may or may not be necessary for you. I was not having exactly the same error message as you are.

Hmm, seems to be a painful solution, removing most USE flags. I had successfully emerged php-4.3.8 on my old machine. Now I'm trying with php-4.3.10 (php-5 I have masked, too fresh for me ;)).
Well, the old system was built with php flag on during emerge system, that was smooth and problems-free with gentoo-2004.0. Now it seems I have to remove php from building the system, and switch the flag on later?
I wonder if there's some more gentle solution, really? Seems the problem is a kind of simple, or what?
WHY the error with the crack.c file occurs?
Thanks in advance.

Gurus please HINT!!!!!
j0ff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting the same errors :'(

Joff
innuendo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j0ff wrote:

Joff

So if you find a solution please post it here, please!
Really, I tried a lot but still unsuccessful. I have no even idea of why this error occurs, what it depends on...

HELP ME PLEASE!!!
p.s. Here I found something looking similar, but it's in German. But I don't speak German :cry:
http://www.gentooforum.de/thread.php?threadid=4068
j0ff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

innuendo wrote:
j0ff wrote:

Joff

So if you find a solution please post it here, please!
Really, I tried a lot but still unsuccessful. I have no even idea of why this error occurs, what it depends on...

HELP ME PLEASE!!!
p.s. Here I found something looking similar, but it's in German. But I don't speak German :cry:
http://www.gentooforum.de/thread.php?threadid=4068

lol
I've just downgraded cracklib to 2.7-r11 and it seems to be compiling now - seems to have got further than before

Joff
j0ff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=85557

Yep - mine's compiled now :)

Dont forget to change your topic title to [resolved] or whatever (if that fixes it!)

Joff
innuendo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j0ff wrote:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=85557

Yep - mine's compiled now :)

Dont forget to change your topic title to [resolved] or whatever (if that fixes it!)

Joff

Great, thanks a lot, that works :roll:
Strange why I couln't google it.
Yep, I have masked >=sys-libs/cracklib-2.8, remerged older cracklib, and php compiled well now. Thank you!
Hope soon the bug will be solved :wink:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: