View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knyot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: gaim idle/away time Reply with quote

Gaim is automatically setting me idle/away when I'm still at my computer. This is similar to the problem in bug #86346, which says it has been fixed. I'm using the gaim-1.2.1 ebuild, but "X usage" doesn't show up in my preferences for idle time. Only "none" and "Gaim usage". I'm running xorg-6.8.2-r1 and I've re-emerge startup-notification and gaim. Any suggestions?
knyot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: bump Reply with quote

*bump*
kenyon
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you attach the emerge log? The output of the configure script will show whether it found the right files to be able to use X usage for idle time.
kenyon
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the configure log you attached to the bug report looks exactly the same as mine. So I have no idea why X usage isn't an option for you. :?
nitro322
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that this is a REALLY old thread, but I just encountered this same problem. I'm running gaim-1.5.0, the stable version on amd64, and the only options I have for the "Idle time reporting" preference are None and Gaim usage. On all of my other systems (x86) I also have an X usage option. Any idea why this option is not present, and more importantly, how can I get it back?

My use flags:
Code:
[ebuild   R   ] net-im/gaim-1.5.0  USE="cjk gnutls nls perl spell tcl tk -debug -eds -krb4 -nas -silc"

Daeluin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have this issue, with 2.0.0_beta6. It was there a month or so ago, with the same version. so some update must've disabled it?
matobsk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here, but on gaim-2.0.0-beta6 and x86.

None of the USE flag settings I've found affect the issue. If anyone gets any good ideas, I'd appreciate it.
Daeluin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I don't know where the "X useage" option went, but if you compile 2.0beta6 with the xscreensaver use flag you get a "Based on keyboard and mouse use" option.

edit: I understand more use variables = more customization, but seriously, this is the third or fourth time I've found something like this that takes a pretty standard option and without warning breaks it, making you hunt for a new fix. I think it'd be handy for newbs if each program/ebuild had a wiki page tracking it's progress and updates. This would also deal with the 0-day updates on the bug tracker the devs hate so much. But if not this, something. There's no way for the end user to know when such a change is going to effect them, and then they have to hunt it down after the fact (after an uDN world). (/rant)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: