Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
amaroK compile fails (on both x86 and ~x86)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pipodnmy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: amaroK compile fails (on both x86 and ~x86) Reply with quote

this is the err (looks like in the linking):

/bin/sh ../../../../../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -O3 -march=pentium-mmx -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -o libamarokarts.la -rpath /usr/kde/3.4/lib -L/usr/kde/3.4/lib -L/usr/qt/3/lib -L/usr/lib -avoid-version -no-undefined -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined amarokarts.lo synth_stereo_xfade_impl.lo rawscope_impl.lo -lkmedia2_idl -lsoundserver_idl -lartsflow
.libs/amarokarts.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTCN6Amarok23Synth_STEREO_XFADE_stubE48_N4Arts16SynthModule_stubE+0xa8): undefined reference to `virtual thunk to Arts::SynthModule_stub::autoSuspend()'
.libs/amarokarts.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTCN6Amarok23Synth_STEREO_XFADE_stubE48_N4Arts16SynthModule_stubE+0xac): undefined reference to `virtual thunk to Arts::SynthModule_stub::start()'
.libs/amarokarts.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTCN6Amarok23Synth_STEREO_XFADE_stubE48_N4Arts16SynthModule_stubE+0xb0): undefined reference to `virtual thunk to Arts::SynthModule_stub::stop()'
.libs/amarokarts.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTCN6Amarok23Synth_STEREO_XFADE_stubE48_N4Arts16SynthModule_stubE+0xb4): undefined reference to `virtual thunk to Arts::SynthModule_stub::streamInit()'
.libs/amarokarts.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTCN6Amarok23Synth_STEREO_XFADE_stubE48_N4Arts16SynthModule_stubE+0xb8): undefined reference to `virtual thunk to Arts::SynthModule_stub::streamStart()'
.libs/amarokarts.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTCN6Amarok23Synth_STEREO_XFADE_stubE48_N4Arts16SynthModule_stubE+0xbc): undefined reference to `virtual thunk to Arts::SynthModviule_stub::streamEnd()'
.libs/amarokarts.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTVN6Amarok23Synth_STEREO_XFADE_stubE+0x58): undefined reference to `virtual thunk to Arts::SynthModule_stub::autoSuspend()'
.libs/amarokarts.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTVN6Amarok23Synth_STEREO_XFADE_stubE+0x5c): undefined reference to `virtual thunk to Arts::SynthModule_stub::start()'
.libs/amarokarts.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTVN6Amarok23Synth_STEREO_XFADE_stubE+0x60): undefined reference to `virtual thunk to Arts::SynthModule_stub::stop()'
.libs/amarokarts.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTVN6Amarok23Synth_STEREO_XFADE_stubE+0x64): undefined reference to `virtual thunk to Arts::SynthModule_stub::streamInit()'
.libs/amarokarts.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTVN6Amarok23Synth_STEREO_XFADE_stubE+0x68): undefined reference to `virtual thunk to Arts::SynthModule_stub::streamStart()'
.libs/amarokarts.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTVN6Amarok23Synth_STEREO_XFADE_stubE+0x6c): undefined reference to `virtual thunk to Arts::SynthModule_stub::streamEnd()'
.libs/amarokarts.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTCN6Amarok13RawScope_stubE52_N4Arts16SynthModule_stubE+0xa8): undefined reference to `virtual thunk to Arts::SynthModule_stub::autoSuspend()'

looks like the same error when compiling 1.2.3 and 1.2.1 (from the ~x86 and x86).
i think it has to do with amaroK not working well together with kde3.4 because i had the 1.2.1 version with kde3.2 and it had at some point in time obviously compiled fine (and i was using it for some time).
these are my flags:
gen petko # emerge -vp amarok

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild R ] media-sound/amarok-1.2.1 +arts -debug -gstreamer +kde -kdeenablefinal -mysql -noamazon +opengl +xine* -xinerama -xmms* 0 kB

thanks
moocha
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
emerge --oneshot arts && emerge amarok
- and please use [code] blocks when posting errors and the like, I couldn't even begin ot bother going through the errors in your posted output because it's very hard to read on a non-monospace font.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- attributed to Benjamin Franklin
pipodnmy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

hey, thanks.. that works fine.. many thanks and i will format better in the future..
Maedhros
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-338861.html

Moved from Multimedia.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: