View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msummers80
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: (fixed) Firefox User interface font Reply with quote

Thanks, Lokheed.
In case anyone else has this problem and can't see the text to fix it:
With firefox open, select the Edit menu (second from left) and then preferences (on the bottom of the edit menu). Select the General button (top left of window) and then fonts and colors (second button down on right). There are 6 pull down menus in a row, aligned down the middle but furthers to the right. Select the sixth menu and the second choice in it, and start hitting ok to apply the change and exit firefox. Next time I opened it, problem was solved.

I feel stupid asking this, but I can't read the font on the user interface in firefox. It is the only program I have that problem with, and I haven't been able to find a fix in the forums. I am running a high resolution, but as a comparison I can read the toolbars and work with Konqueror just fine. Part of the problem is that I can only make out some of the words (really just guessing things like file, edit, view,... etc.) and can't navigate to a place where I could change the settings. Does anyone know how I can get a better experience from firefox?
Thanks for looking.

Last edited by msummers80 on Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Lokheed
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its an easy fix. Adjust the Display Resolution located in the font preference section in the preferences window. Setting it to 72dpi will make the fonts smaller, while setting it to 96 will make them bigger. You can also set a manual setting as well.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: