View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikegpitt
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: yab is jumpy, is this normal? Reply with quote

I just emerged adesklets and yab today. I have to say adesklets looks pretty nice, and same with yab, but when I mouse over the icons in yab (default setup) it appears very jumpy. Is this normal behavior? I tried messing with the config for a little while but whatever I did made it look worse.

As an aside the captions dont seem to come up even though it is enabled in the config.

Any yab tips?
syfou
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Shameless plug Reply with quote

You might want to try this patch. Just come over to the adesklets' forum discussing this: your chance having better answers would certainly increase by double posting. :lol:
mikegpitt
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... I tried the patch but the jumpy behavior is still the same. Maybe I will post over at the other forum when I get a chance.

BTW - The text was appearing before, it was being covered up, so one problem down :)
Jerem
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right click on the yab bar and choose the configure option.

There you will find self-explanatory variables like caption_delay or caption_fade_in_duration. Set this to a lower value if you want the caption to appear quicker than default.

The jump effect is part of the yab bar and I think it cannot be altered.

Maybe you are looking for a "parabolic zoom" option. For this try Engage (E17 docking app). However, it is still under heavy development.
mikegpitt
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've tried out engage and a few other bars. To tell you the truth I'm just playing around with them, not really doing anything serious. I was curious about Yab, because I thought it had some nice eyecandy aspects.
osbourd2
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not getting the flickering you mention, but I am only able to run yab as root.

I get the following error when running it as my own user

Code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/dave/bin/yab.py", line 48, in ?
    import adesklets
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/adesklets/__init__.py", line 36, in ?
    _init=_Initializer()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/adesklets/initializer.py", line 60, in __init__
    raise ADESKLETSError(3,event)
adesklets.error_handler.ADESKLETSError: adesklets interpreter initialization error - Configuration file parsing error `syntax error', stopped at line 8.

Exception exceptions.AttributeError: <exceptions.AttributeError instance at 0xb7c24fec> in <bound method _Communicator.__del__ of <adesklets.communicator._Communicator instance at 0xb7b6b0ac>> ignored

I suspect it's a problem with the adesklets being installed as root - from the latest ebuild.

Is anyone else having the problem or know of a fix?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: