View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lyallp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] mouse in xorg goes erratic after first mouse click Reply with quote

Pulled the mouse out of my Laser 4 port video/kbd/mouse switch and plugged it directly into my PS/2 port, problem went away.

Funny, it works fine under Windows... and also worked fine in my old gentoo installation... investigation continues...

Follow up...

Re-built kernel (about 20 times), ended up removing almost everything which does not exist on my system and compiling everyting that does into the kernel, instead of modules. Now, my keyboard and mouse work properly once more.

Problem description follows...

My old 2004.1 gentoo died the other day (emerge was deciding to do wierdery)

I am in the process of doing a stage 1 install of Gentoo 2005.0

I have my high res console working, finally, I have ati-drivers working, glxgears up at 2500 frames per second... things are just starting to come along.

Except..

After starting x (no KDE or Gnome) - using Fluxbox - but even not using a Window Manager at all, move the mouse around, its fine. Click, it goes ballistic. Random movements, random clicks, completely out of control.

The mouse (a M$ wheel mouse on PS/2) worked fine before (before as in 2 days ago - thats how long I have been installing for), works fine on Win XP (dual boot), so I know it's not the mouse or the video switch I am using (Laser 4 port)

I have tried updating the xorg.conf file to have protocol "ImPS/2", "PS/2", "Auto"
I have tried the device as "/dev/input/mice" "/dev/psaux"

Its not because the machine is under load, its not (p4 2.6g, 1GB)

HELP!

Last edited by lyallp on Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
mens
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any errors in the xorg log file or in ~/.xsession-errors ? Do you have gpm running?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: