View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gcolburn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: /lib/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.3.3' not found Reply with quote

I recently began getting this error when I try to run openoffice, and texmaker, there maybe other programs that will throw the same error. I noticed that GLIBC_2.3.4 was installed. The night before I emerged:

bash linux-headers cracklib sys-apps/texinfo openssh cpio wget gentoo-sources ddd vim-core gvim gentoo-syntax icewm gcc-config gcc libtool tar bc glibc gnupg binutils-config binutils vim grip dvipdfmx opengl xorg-x11 gaim gettext gnuconfig net-tools rsync coreutils m4

I tried downgrading to 2.3.3 and the problem remains. I've searched google and the gentoo forums and havn't found an answer yet. Hopefully someone hear has some ideas. I really need these two programs for school so hopefully I can get it fixed soon. If not then I can still work on another computer. Here's the output when I try and run the two programs:
Code:

gcolburn@gentoo ~ $ oowriter
Gnome session manager detected - session management disabled
/opt/OpenOffice.org/program/javaldx: /lib/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.3.3' not found (required by /opt/OpenOffice.org/program/libsal.so.3)
/opt/OpenOffice.org/program/soffice.bin: /lib/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.3.3' not found (required by /opt/OpenOffice.org/program/libsal.so.3)
gcolburn@gentoo ~ $ texmaker
texmaker: /lib/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.3.3' not found (required by /usr/qt/3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3)

Thanks for any help!
Chaosite
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
emerge gentoolkit -va
revdep-rebuild
gcolburn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately that didn't fix it, I still get the same errors. Thanks for the suggestion though. Any other ideas?
nxsty
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one good way to solve this. First check that your toolchain is up to date with emerge -pv binutils glibc gcc. Then rebuild the world with: emerge -e world.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: