Thanks For The Seamless Upgrade, Gentoo
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soroh6
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Thanks For The Seamless Upgrade, Gentoo Reply with quote

..and I mean it! :-)

I've been using gentoo-sources for the last couple years now, or so, and whenever I would try some of the 2.6 series kernels - mm-sources, love-sources patchset (which was the best IMHO), even gentoo-dev-sources .. none of them really did it for me at all. Not everything was working, I should say.

Anyways, in the last couple weeks-ish when gentoo-sources (and others) went to 2.6 stable, my upgrade was very much so painless. And everything works nicely, and quite honestly the biggest of issues was that the mouse was always of different sensitivity in the 2.6 kernels. Please, for the love of God, whatever was done in 2.6 as of now to make it operate like 2.4, NEVER remove it. I would literally switch to 2.4 to play games because of this. (call me picky if you want, tell me about xset, tell me about the ps2 mouse kernel option at the time, whatever. It wasn't the same, LoL.).

So, I thank you, Gentoo. You guys deserve it, and everyone else that contributes to the Gentoo community.

Regards~
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: