View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gamedragon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Big Font in xine Reply with quote

I've installed xine. But the Font size of Menu and Dialog is quite big (much bigger than the font in other programs) :( . I wanna make it smaller, but I didn't figure out how to solve this problem.
It is the font of MENU and DIALOG, not Subtitle. The subtitle is OK for me.
Could anyone guide me to solve it?
I don't know how to paste the picture, otherwise I think the picture is better to explain my problem.
vpoinot
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here. It happened when I updated xine-ui to 0.99.3 and xine-lib 1.0 (because of fullscreen problems).
Did not find anything in .xine/config about font sizes.
gamedragon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would anyone give the solution?

vpoinot:
Could you find out which part resulted in this problem? xine-ui or xine-lib?
vpoinot
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea what update did what, I updated xine-ui and xine-lib at the same time...
Sorry.
cynric
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there a solution to this? I tried changing the fonts in the skin file and played with the osd options in the main config, but to avail.
Daemoniis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing fonts in the skin config file will only change fonts in the skin itself. Everything else -- e.g., the preferences window, the navigation window -- will be unaffected. See, xine has its own toolkit, xiTK. And , from what I can understand after poking around on these forums, xiTK now uses Xft antialiasing support, which is why fonts are so fat.

You can disable the Xft support in the ebuild. Just go to `/usr/portage/media-video/xine-ui' and edit the xine-ui-0.99.3.ebuild so that instead of
Code:
use X || myconf="${myconf} --disable-x11 --disable-xv"
use aalib || sed -e 's:no_aalib="":no_aalib="yes":g' -i configure || die "could not disable aalib"

econf ${myconf} \

you have
Code:
use X || myconf="${myconf} --disable-x11 --disable-xv"
use aalib || sed -e 's:no_aalib="":no_aalib="yes":g' -i configure || die "could not disable aalib"

myconf="${myconf} --disable-xft"

econf ${myconf} \

Then don't forget run `ebuild xine-ui-0.99.3.ebuild digest' so emerge wouldn't freak out on you, and re-emerge xine-ui.

It worked for me. Maybe someone who, unlike me, actually knows what they're doing, would have a better solution. I also was able to tweak xine-ui source code so that every font would be Verdana 8pt, but that's an ugly, dirty hack that doesn't really solve anything.
gamedragon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The font of xine now is smaller, but I really don't know what happened to me, because actually I didn't do anything for xine.
That is the weird story:
I'm using xfce as my desktop. The default theme is too bright to me, so I plan to modify it. Finally I created a gtkrc file to customize the color of default theme, then restarted X. Something happened at the moment, the font of xfce became smaller (don't ask me why, I didn't do anything about font). That doesn't matter since the font of xfce is changeable. When I opened xine, I found the font (including Menu, Popup Dialog) became smaller too.
Is there anyone who can explain it?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: