View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tehmou
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Firefox freezes whenever started Reply with quote

This problem appeared at a very random seeming time, and still persists, on both my own user and root, after I re-emerged firefox. I start firefox and it literally does nothing... the window opens but it won't even refresh the contents. This was after I was installing GNUstep (still in progress) and Chinese support including Scim (still in progress as well), though I can't see how those would've affected it. I use kernel-2.6.11-r5 and KDE 3.3, thanks in advance!
darker
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried running it from a terminal? If so, does it output anything into the terminal? Also, you might want to try when all your compiling is done. The compilations may be taking up too much of your system resources.
tehmou
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnshawger wrote:
Have you tried running it from a terminal? If so, does it output anything into the terminal? Also, you might want to try when all your compiling is done. The compilations may be taking up too much of your system resources.

Oh, I forgot it's possible to run it in terminal too... been using Windows for too long a time and just trying to get used to Gentoo. Anyway, what I meant was that I have finished compiling, but that I haven't got either one of the mentioned things to work. I started Firefox in terminal and got the following:

/usr/lib/MozillaFirefox/mozilla-xremote-client: Error: Failed to send command: No error string reported..
/usr/lib/MozillaFirefox/mozilla-xremote-client: Error: Failed to send command: No error string reported..
Browser doesn't understand command
Removing /root/.mozilla/firefox/ohypln7h.default/compreg.dat leftover from older firefox
Removing /root/.mozilla/firefox/ohypln7h.default/XUL.mfasl leftover from older firefox
Launching a SCIM daemon with Socket FrontEnd...
Loading -d Config module ...
Creating backend ...
Loading socket FrontEnd module ...
Starting SCIM as daemon ...
which: no kget in (/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin)
which: no nt in (/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin)
which: no aria in (/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin)

It appears that SCIM is affecting firefox after all, though I still can't figure out if it's the reason for it not working.
tehmou
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I unmerged SCIM and everything works again... now I'll just have to figure what on earth happened with it and how to get my Chinese support working. Thanks to johnshawger, though, this whole thing might have something do with the support not working.
liuspider
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: