View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
javier.ldb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Mouse scroll not working in flash or java Reply with quote

Hi you there. My mouse scroll wheel works fine, except for the flash or java objects in all my web browsers (mozilla, firefox, epiphany). I'm using X.org and Gnome. The arrows keys and PgUp and PgDown doesn't work too while the mouse pointer is over one of these objects. I have no idea why this happend, i browse the forums but can't find anything. Any help will be very useful.

Thanks!!

Javier
La Plata
Argentina
shash
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using imwheel. Some apps don't recognize the wheel unless you use imwheel...
nightshade
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure its not a bug, but a feature... and an annoying one at that.

As you scroll down a web page, it will stop scrolling when the mouse pointer goes over a flash object. I think the scroll event is being passed to the flash object instead of making the page scroll.

It would be nice to have an browser option to never pass the scroll wheel to the flash objects.
mrpotatohead
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Scroll wheel Reply with quote

You're lucky to have it working some of the time - I can't get the scroll wheel to work at all!!

Most annoying. Trying to search and this is the closest I have come to finding something on the subject - getting a little discouraged now - it only takes a couple of hours to build a fully functioning Windows system with all the apps - Linux has taken a week of hard graft and it still doesn't work!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: