View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donoreo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: KDEAddons 3.1 Compile error Reply with quote

Ok I have tried to compile this several times. I have emerge sync'd several times looking for updates, I have tried a --deep world to solve it. I have lowered mny optimisation level to O2. Still no go. Here is the error:
Code:

nbox.lo kpercentspinbox.lo -lkio -lnoatun -lm
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdeaddons-3.1/work/kdeaddons-3.1/noatun-plugins/alarm'
Making all in noatunmadness
make[3]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdeaddons-3.1/work/kdeaddons-3.1/noatun-plugins/noatunmadness'
/usr/qt/3/bin/moc ./madness.h -o madness.moc
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. `/usr/bin/sdl-config --cflags` -I/usr/kde/3.1/include -I/usr/qt/3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include   -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 -mcpu=pentium3 -O3 -pipe -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST  -c -o madness.lo `test -f 'madness.cpp' || echo './'`madness.cpp
In file included from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.1/include/g++-v3/backward/iostream.h:31,
                 from madness.cpp:17:
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.1/include/g++-v3/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sstream> instead of the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++  -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -Wall -pedantic -W -Wpointer-arith -Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 -mcpu=pentium3 -O3 -pipe -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST    -o noatunmadness.la.closure noatunmadness_la_closure.lo -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/qt/3/lib -L/usr/kde/3.1/lib  -module -avoid-version -no-undefined `/usr/bin/sdl-config --libs` madness.lo -lkio -lnoatun -lm
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.1/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lasound
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [noatunmadness.la.closure] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdeaddons-3.1/work/kdeaddons-3.1/noatun-plugins/noatunmadness'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdeaddons-3.1/work/kdeaddons-3.1/noatun-plugins'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdeaddons-3.1/work/kdeaddons-3.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: kde-base/kdeaddons-3.1 failed.
!!! Function kde_src_compile, Line 115, Exitcode 2
!!! died running emake, kde_src_compile:make

This most recent time I tried with O3 again. It is the same error every time. I hope this is enough info for someone to have an idea.

Thanks.
Code:
pilla
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that if you are using alsa in you USE flags, you should have emerged alsa-lib
donoreo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh...no Alsa. Anyway, where are the USE flags set? I looked in make.conf and there is nothing there. I have made no changes to USE flags myself, just the defaults.
pilla
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in /etc/make.conf

try

env USE="-alsa" emerge kdeaddons
donoreo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, but I am not using alsa, why would I want to do tell KDE to use something I do not have installed?
pilla
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't know exactly what is your problem, but -lalib means it tryes to use the alsa-lib.
donoreo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figuring out my problem might give you a headache :)

I tried using Alsa, could not make it work. It was a horrendous week trying to get sound working. Perhaps, it is time to try alsa again.

I emerged alsa-lib and used that USE flag you gave me. It is compiling now. I will know shortly if it works.

Thanks.
Lin_Matt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donoreo wrote:
Ok, but I am not using alsa, why would I want to do tell KDE to use something I do not have installed?

First of all, you REALLY need to read the docs. Specifically this will get you going on the USE flags. Remember, RTFM is your friend... :wink:

The error you were having was because you had compiled some of your libs with alsa support. Once you removed alsa-lib, anything compiled against these libs will fail. Your choices are to either re-compile the libs that have the alsa-lib dep, or to just re-emerge alsa-lib.
donoreo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it is just more of Alsa f^*$ing up my system again. I do not understand how some got compiled with it and some not. As I said above, I changed no flags, no USE variables. I had unmerged Alsa over two weeks ago.

I have got it to compile by using the suggestion above. I did not think to RTFM for USE because I had not changed anything from the default.

I hope in Kernel 2.6 Alsa is easier to work with.
Lin_Matt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donoreo wrote:
So it is just more of Alsa f^*$ing up my system again. I do not understand how some got compiled with it and some not. As I said above, I changed no flags, no USE variables. I had unmerged Alsa over two weeks ago.

I have got it to compile by using the suggestion above. I did not think to RTFM for USE because I had not changed anything from the default.

I hope in Kernel 2.6 Alsa is easier to work with.

Take a look at /etc/make.profile/use.defaults. According to this one, alsa is used by default... The issue here really has nothing to do with your USE flags anyway, it's a linking problem. Your system is trying to link against libs that just don't exist on your machine anymore...

Having a kernel with alsa modules included isn't gonna help this one. The libs and the modules are in fact two completely different things. I went thru this same issue several months back after deciding alsa just didn't cut it for my purposes. I ended up having to write a script to find all the packages that were compiled against alsa-lib so I could re-compile em... Not much fun...
donoreo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still got that script? :) I seem to have it all working now. I will test it when I get home then remove all the old 3.0.5 stuff.

I was thinking of starting over. I jumped ahead and started with a stage 3 when I installed so I may start from scratch, emerge prelinking (I know I am asking for trouble) and build it up.

I may play with Alsa again first.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: