Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Bind volume buttons Master/PCM in .asoundrc?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sethdavis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Bind volume buttons Master/PCM in .asoundrc? Reply with quote

Greetings Gentoo geniuses,

I use my laptop's internal sound card on the road, and my external USB sound card at home. I've already got fun .asoundrc settings that change the default audio device to hw:2 and such, but the one thing I haven't figured out yet is how to make XF86AudioRaiseVolume (etc) switch to PCM instead of master (my USB card doesn't have a "master" channel). I've seen posts here providing options using lineak and such, but I can't believe there's not a simpler way to do this...?

Is there a place where you can edit the default action taken in Gnome when you press a hardware button? How about a way to bind the PCM and Master channels via my .asoundrc? I just know it's got to be easier than merging a separate package to deal with it. I'm on a Dell Inspiron 600M w/ Gnome 2.10 if that makes any difference.

Thank you for your help,
Seth
sethdavis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit of a follow-up on my last post...

Shouldn't the "Volume Applet" properties affect where the media key keyboard shortcuts are bound to? This seems like a bug to me, no? If I set the volume control applet to use the PCM on my USB card, the volume control works from the applet, but if I hit my multimedia key volume buttons on my keyboard, it still moves the 1st device's "Master" channel up and down.

Perhaps someone with a little more know-how than I have should file a bug report.

Any more suggestions?
sethdavis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump...

Comments, anyone?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: