View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heilong
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: xterm's white border - can't remove! [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hi

I've emerged xorg-x11-6.8.2-r1 and xterm-202, and I see a one-pixel-wide white border around xterm (I use black background in xterm). This is not a window manager issues since I tried it under plain X too, but I've been unable to find any configuration options (or X resources) for xterm that would disable this white border. Does anyone know how to remove it?

Last edited by heilong on Mon May 23, 2005 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
ikaro
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this what I did:
type
Code:
man xterm

search for border
Code:
 /border

result:
Code:

-b number                                                                               
         This option specifies the size of the inner border  (the  distance  between     
         the  outer  edge  of  the characters and the window border) in pixels.  The     
         default is 2.                                                                   
-w number                                                                           
        This  option  specifies  the  width in pixels of the border surrounding the 
        window.  It is equivalent to -borderwidth or -bw.                           

The following standard X Toolkit command line  arguments  are  commonly  used  with 
xterm:                                                                               

-bd color                                                                           
        This  option  specifies the color to use for the border of the window.  The 
        default is ``black.''                                                       

-bg color                                                                           
        This option specifies the color to use for the background  of  the  window. 
        The default is ``white.''                                                   

-bw number                                                                           
        This  option  specifies  the  width in pixels of the border surrounding the 
        window.                                                                     

iconBorderColor (class BorderColor)                                                 
        Specifies  the  border  color for the active icon window if this feature is 
        compiled into xterm.  Not all window managers will  make  the  icon  border 
        visible.                                                                     

iconBorderWidth (class BorderWidth)                                                 
        Specifies  the  border  width for the active icon window if this feature is 
        compiled into xterm.  The default is 2.  Not all window managers will  make 
        the border visible.                                                         

iconFont (class IconFont)                                                           
        Specifies the font for the miniature active icon window, if this feature is 
        compiled into xterm.  The default is "nil2".                                 

internalBorder (class BorderWidth)                                                   
        Specifies the number of pixels between the characters and the  window  bor- 
        der.  The default is 2.                                                     

linux: #232767
heilong
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: fixed! Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, ikaro! Using "-bd black" fixed the problem (I haven't tried to use this option in the manual at first, because it states that the default color is "black" anyway). Apparently, the default switches to "white" because I'm using reverse video option.
ikaro
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem :)

you know next time, try to take a look at the mannual first, and if you still dont understand something - ask :)
linux: #232767
heilong
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks)
i swear i looked in the manual for a while, i only looked in the wrong place.
i try to solve problems myself before harrassing other busy people because it's a) faster and b) more polite
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: