phpmyadmin asks for user and pass when i try to logout
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wikro
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: phpmyadmin asks for user and pass when i try to logout Reply with quote

hi!
I have apache2, mod_php 4.2.10, mysql 4.0.22 and phpmyadmin 2.6.1-rc1 running on Gentoo 2004.3, Gentoo-dev-sources 2.6.9-r9.

First, I had a lot of problems creating an account for phpmyadmin, secondly, when i finaly found something that no-one has ever mentioned and got it working and logged in, I tried to log out.

But when I clicked "Log out" (little Exit pic) it asked me for my user and password again.

So i entered the exakt same data there as when I logged in, but it didnt except it and sent me to an error page saying I didnt have authentication.

I have two questons:
1. What is the proper way of crating an account for phpmyadmin?
2. Why does it ask for user and pass when i try to log out, and why cant I authenticate even though login went smoothly?

Thanks in advance.
Zyne
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the exact same problems you're having...
except for the fact that I couldn't even get phpmyadmin 2.6.1-rc1 to authenticate me as root or as a regular user... :(

I uninstalled it, and installed a later version (2.6.0_pl3), and I can't log out either now...

wtf is wrong with this? I've done everything as told in the ebuild...

has anyone found a solution for this, cause it's getting annoying for me... :(
chemmett
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It explains this on the phpmyadmin page itself. (I forget exactly where and don't have it installed anymore) It's not really an error, just a side-effect of using apache authentication. When you click "Log out", just cancel the popup and then close the window. It'll work fine the next time you need it. Annoying, but as I understand it there's nothing they can do about it.
Shneids
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chemmett wrote:
It explains this on the phpmyadmin page itself. (I forget exactly where and don't have it installed anymore) It's not really an error, just a side-effect of using apache authentication. When you click "Log out", just cancel the popup and then close the window. It'll work fine the next time you need it. Annoying, but as I understand it there's nothing they can do about it.

It does?

Has anyone figured this out yet?
Jeffrey0
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it does. It's normal and needed, most browsers only forget the auth data when a "Invalid username or password" error is sent.

If you really dislike this, then you should switch to cookie-based auth. It doesn't suffer from this problem.
lotw
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffrey0 wrote:
Yes, it does. It's normal and needed, most browsers only forget the auth data when a "Invalid username or password" error is sent.

If you really dislike this, then you should switch to cookie-based auth. It doesn't suffer from this problem.

I guess when you log out of your system it is not supposed to go back to a login screen. It is perfectly normal for that login to come up when you log out. In reality there is no reason to even log out, as soon as you close your browser it will automatically log you out.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: