fuh-quake and other problesm using mods
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-=GGW=- $ol!d $n4>|e
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: fuh-quake and other problesm using mods Reply with quote

Fuquake section:

fuhquake works and I configured it properly but, whyn i try the append command -gamedir tenebrae it loads normal quake... how do I stop this from happening? :?

Tenebrae section:

ok, when I read the faq, it says

Quote:

A: The lighting of the maps really should be reconsidered manually for every map, I have done this for the start and e1m1 maps. These are included when you download Tenebrae. If you are interested in how to do this for other maps read "Information on modifying existing maps for tenebrae" on the editing page. For unmodified maps it chooses some lights based on the radiusscale parameter. Set it to 0 to use all lights in the original map.(slow)

butI cant find out where im supposed to edit this or set variables by console, or at least if I am finding it it doesnt make much difference... iver tread appending it to the command like tenebrae +radiusscale 0 and opeining th console.. hmm I'll go toy with it some more there is also a tenebrae like mod for quake 2 that I will link 2
atrophy
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenebrae has nothing to do with FuhQuake, it's an engine and not a mod. Run the binaries that come with it to get it started.

As for the second point, if you do as the section you quoted suggests and go to the map editing page then that'll tell you exactly what to do. It's a case of opening the BSP file in an editor, nothing to do with console commands or command line parameters.
-=GGW=- $ol!d $n4>|e
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol: Cool, thnx for the answer to the second part, but I made a huge typo in my first question I meant to say

fuhquake -gamedir fortress blah blah blah It loads normal quake as far as I can tell, just without the intro movie.. maybe this is loading fuhquake, but I cant find out a way to test it, when I goi to jmultiplayer and start it still shows normal quake maps and only dm option... I'm also still confused about editing the maps, I cant find any maps to edit its alll in paks which I know are just zips but if I edit the map that may or may not be in the zip, do I leave theedited map in my /tenebrae dir and it will automaticallly get loaded over the one inside the pack or do I have to zip it back in/ what program do I use for this quark shows up as a sound program.. lol.:lol:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: