yourname@gentoouser.net ?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:09 am    Post subject: yourname@gentoouser.net ? Reply with quote

I just ordered the domain www.gentoouser.net, and my host allows me to an unlimited amount of POP3 email accounts and free trafic (quite cool)

Now I was thinking, _you_ might want an email, but here's the catch - I pay for the site, and I'm willing to continue to do so, provided you pay me by donating 10$ a year per email adresse to the Gentoo Project.

10 measly bucks for POP3 and web mail, who could possibly resist?

Now I have NO way of knowing weither or not you actually coughed up the dough, so this is going to be 100% trust based... But please think about who it is you are cheating, your beloved developers that's who...

*Another thing, while the registration progress is on going, please don't rush to steal the domain name, it would just be uncool*

Who's with me ?
zypher
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, what bothers me is not the 10 bucks but the question if you are allowed to do this.
Get me right, it's no copyright issue or similar, the question is, what does your isp think of you giving 100s of free pop3 accounts away form money.
Apart from that I may be a candidate.
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zypher wrote:
Hmmm, what bothers me is not the 10 bucks but the question if you are allowed to do this.
Get me right, it's no copyright issue or similar, the question is, what does your isp think of you giving 100s of free pop3 accounts away form money.
Apart from that I may be a candidate.

I read their terms of usage agreement, it said nowhere that I couldn't do this... I can't store large zipfiles, mp3s, etc. on my account.. but the terms clearly stats I have an unlimited number of POP3 accounts at my disposal, unlimited...

The only limiting factor right now is that I only signed up for a deal that gives me 100megs of space to work with.. meaning I will, sadly, have to limit the users storage space quite a bit. I will upgrade the storage when the need arises, but that will then increase my costs of offering this service quite a bit.. But I will still of this service without getting a dime for my own self, all the money must go directly to the Gentoo project (that way I not in violation to any commercial usage clause the host might add, because they currently don't state one in the TOUA).

I did study the terms quite a bit, because the reason I wanted the site was to offer such a service to the Gentoo community.. I believe strongly that I'm legally safe.. there should be no need to worry.

Now to fax the host confirming my downpayment for the domain.

--

One thing, we might need some sort of website to go along with this, and my html skills are feeble, free email to the one who donates a nice little site where I can put ebuilds and news. with great ease.
plate
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funds via Gentoo email?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: