Make Menuconfig stops...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
new2lin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Make Menuconfig stops... Reply with quote

Ok I've gotten gentoo installed up until I merge my sources, enter /usr/src/linux and type 'make menuconfig' It starts then locks up on
Code:

Preparing scripts: functions, parsing..................................................................................done.

Then I get nothing else, it just stops there, the hard drive light is flickering but it goes no where. I searched the only make menuconfig problem I found is with ncurses...
Smooth
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Uhm, weird... Reply with quote

Hey,

So you're saying the problem is not related to ncurses? Just to make sure, what happens when you type "make xconfig" for example (although I don't think you're running X at this point of the installation...) or "make oldconfig"?

Does your computer lock up entirely or does it just keep reading the hardrive endlessly (but you still have access to the keyboard)?

Maybe your .config file is screwed up in some way causing it to be parsed wrong or something? Have you tried doing a "make mrproper" (this will delete your .config file, so you might want to copy it somewhere else just in case) and then "make menuconfig" again?

I doubt any of these things will fix your problem, but it's hard to tell what the cause for the problem is with no error messages or anything, so I thought I'd give you a couple of ideas to play around with :)

Good luck!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: