View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewd18
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Fluxbox and GTK applications = "unnamed" Reply with quote

I'm running Fluxbox right now... the latest version, thanks to ciaranm. But a few of my GTK based apps (Firefox in particular) does not give the name of the program, but "Unnamed" in the taskbar. I'm used to being able to look at my taskbar and see kinda what I've got running... for example, the name of the webpage I've got open in Firefox.

Is there a fix for this, or... ?

~~ Andrew D.

There's no place like ::1
frenkel
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Fluxbox and GTK applications = "unnamed" Reply with quote

andrewd18 wrote:
I'm running Fluxbox right now... the latest version, thanks to ciaranm. But a few of my GTK based apps (Firefox in particular) does not give the name of the program, but "Unnamed" in the taskbar. I'm used to being able to look at my taskbar and see kinda what I've got running... for example, the name of the webpage I've got open in Firefox.

Is there a fix for this, or... ?

~~ Andrew D.

Which programs?
Apewall
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefox is supposed to give you the name of the website you're currently viewing in the "taskbar", I'm not sure what you mean, could you post some other apps.
frenkel
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some websites don't have their title changed and are made of some evil template, so the title is still set to Unnamed.
andrewd18
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to be just Firefox, at this point. I could hae sworn earlier it was more than FF, but hey, I can't bug report what I can't find.

Every site does that to me, including the forums here. Not quite sure what it is... maybe something to do with the fact that Firefox is 32-bit and the rest of my system is AMD64? But if that were the issue, why would OpenOffice-bin work?

I don't know. :)

~~ Andrew D.

andrewd18
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nudge*

Apewall
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely it was a problem with firefox and not your system, i suggest a you unmerge and remerge firefox, make sure to delete your prefs so you know you get a clean slate.
ptero
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i've got a similar problem and i'm also using firefox in fluxbox.
sometimes some sites create a new window named "unnamed" ( ;) ) which display contents of the particular site or it's part (a frame?). this parts are not visible in the main firefox window. if i click on something in that "unnamed" window, nothing happens and the focus switches to firefox, where this part is missing.
if i close that "unnamed" window, firefox crashes (or closes without asking for permission, i'm not sure).

2topicstarter: if you decide to clean your profile and the problem disappears, please let me know. i don't want to do it again yet. there's lots of configurations and some saved passwords i forgot :oops: but if it helps you, i'll try it out. too.

EDIT: oh, crap. i didn't notice the date ;) but if someone knows what the problem may be, please help. it's kinda difficult to find a solution in google with words "firefox unnamed window bug"...
i don't know if i should be creating a new topic right now...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: