Where does my lilo.conf go?[solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fitzsimmons
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Where does my lilo.conf go?[solved] Reply with quote

The install guide is nice enough to give you instructions on using lilo, and what you need to do. However, for noobs like me, there is a slight problem where they don't tell you where to put the lilo.conf (or is there already one that you change)

Also, does it really matter where I put lilo? Can I put it on the boot sector of the 2nd harddrive (which has gentoo on it) and then just point my BIOS at the second hdd, or does it need to go on the primary master? I would really rather like to have a fallback plan to get into windows if my gentoo isn't working.

Thanks 8)

Hopefully I should be able to get my gentoo up and running.

EDIT: Sorry - Just me being a dumbass newb and not reading anything. Anyway, thanks for being a sounding board.
reves
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Where does my lilo.conf go?[solved] Reply with quote

ssjf wrote:
The install guide is nice enough to give you instructions on using lilo, and what you need to do. However, for noobs like me, there is a slight problem where they don't tell you where to put the lilo.conf (or is there already one that you change)

The default location is /etc/lilo.conf. I think you can pass some option to lilo to tell it where the file is though.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: