View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xevix
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: KDE Window Borders Randomly Disappear Reply with quote

KDE 3.3.2. Window borders to all windows will suddenly disappear, but KDE appears to continue running, albeit without any interaction available on my part, I end up killing X every time this happens. I used to think it was only when I did big emerges, as I noticed it happened for sure then, but it appears it will continue to happen even without that. Somebody please tell me what in the world is wrong with my KDE, I've been suffering this problem for 2 months+ and have found no answer in forums.
2gb pc-3200 DDR
chuliomartinez
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Kwin crash Reply with quote

That seems to be kwin (the kde window manager) crashing. It might be a buggy windeco causing kwin to crash, or a buggy kwin install. So if you are using a custom deco (not coming with kde) try to upgrade to the latest version or provide bug report to the author or try to re-emerge kde base. The problem might be also corrupted preferences but I doubt that, but nevertheless you could try some other standard windeco to see if the problem persist.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: