Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
"Writing ebuilds" by Ciaran McCreesh .. removed??
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ag_x
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firephoto wrote:

Ummm I'll disagree since I'm pretty sure the majority of users don't get involved with the debates on new ideas that come up here.

I have to agree.
Suddenly i realized that gentoo is getting old.
rhill
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vanquirius wrote:
dirtyepic wrote:
if that's the mentality the average developer goes about their work with, then i think that it's inevitable we end up with the situation as it is now.

You want to make a point of how devs don't care about users and are not willing to accept our point of view. We do our best, that is all there is to it.
You have your right to bash, however. Just don't think we won't be offended by implicating that we don't care.

Hey, I'm not bashing at all. I'm saying that point of view inevitably leads to what we have now. I accept that. It's fine. I was wondering why we have this situation and now I know. Question answered. Any malice you read in my response wasn't put there by me. :wink:
nevynxxx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtyepic wrote:
Quote:
Also isn't there already an "Idea's for Gentoo" forum, it's just called at bugs.gentoo.org?

do you honestly believe that? where do you think more ideas get discussed, in the forum, or in bugzilla? bugzilla is for bugs and enhancement requests. it's where you go after you've talked out your idea in the forums or irc to see if it's retard^Wworkable or not.

anyways, i don't think a new forum (literally or metaphorically) is a solution, or even that there is one to be honest.

I do believe that.
I'll exand it a little though.
If you want dev's to implement new ideas, post them into the enhancment requests section of bugzilla. You even said as much in your post.
This does not preclude talking about it here, but does mean it will be brought to the dev's attention.
Everyone wins.
It just seems that a lot of people think these forums are an official way of enhancment requesting and influencing devs. It is not. Bugzilla is and the mailing lists are.

Wanted: Instructor in the art of Bowyery
rhill
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, that i can agree with. i guess my point is that people flesh out their ideas a little before filing an enhancement request. if you have a good, workable, well thought out idea then sure, go nuts. but it's always good to see what other people have to say before submitting it. they could point out obstacles, offer suggestions and support, tell you it's a dumb idea or not, help with working out the best way to go about it, etc. the forums are a lot more suited for this type of discussion, if only for the reason that the idea will get a much larger audience here than it would in b.g.o.

holy topic offness batman
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: