SynCE, Raki, and MultiSynk
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenji Miyamoto
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: SynCE, Raki, and MultiSynk Reply with quote

I have all three of these working apparently, but my PDA is stuck mid-sync. Do I need to have another piece of software to syncronize information, other than Kontact and KOrganizer? Should I use a different set of software?

EDIT: MultiSynk crashes whenever I start Kontact, but not KOrganizer.
Kenji Miyamoto
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might have something to do with it:
Code:
hsd1 root # pstatus
pstatus: Unable to initialize RAPI: An unspecified failure has occurred
I've had this same problem every time I've tried SynCE. What causes this problem?

If I run both dccm and synce-serial-start as the same user, my PDA returns this:
Quote:
Communications Error
Cannot start communications with the desktop computer. Reconnect your device. If the problem persists, see Microsoft ActiveSync Help.
Kenji Miyamoto
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The connecting itself works now, but MultiSync won't connect to Evolution. Backtrace:
Code:
Starting program: /usr/bin/multisync
(no debugging symbols found)
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 16384 (LWP 1939)]
plugin_API_version
short_name
long_name
plugin_init
[plugin_init:915] here
[New Thread 32769 (LWP 1940)]
[New Thread 16386 (LWP 1941)]
[sync_connect:48] ----->
[rapi_buffer_recv:561] Nothing to read
[rapi_context_call:175] rapi_buffer_recv failed
[synce_connect:311] This synchronization pair is connected to partnership ID 15123d40
[rapi_buffer_send:512] writev failed, returned -1 and not 122
[rapi_buffer_send:538] synce_socket_write failed
[rapi_context_call:168] rapi_buffer_send failed
[rapi_buffer_send:512] writev failed, returned -1 and not 76
[CeRegQueryValueEx:100] rapi_context_call failed
[rapi_buffer_send:512] writev failed, returned -1 and not 122
[rapi_buffer_send:512] writev failed, returned -1 and not 76
[CeRegQueryValueEx:100] rapi_context_call failed
[synce_connect:324] No partnership on the device matches this synchronization pair.
[rapi_buffer_send:512] writev failed, returned -1 and not 12
[sync_connect:62] <-----
always_connected
[evo2-sync] DEBUG: start: sync_connect
[evo2-sync] INFORMATION: Loading state from file /home/neil/.multisync/3/remotesettings
[evo2-sync] DEBUG: end: load_palm_state
[New Thread 32771 (LWP 1943)]
[New Thread 49156 (LWP 1945)]
[New Thread 65541 (LWP 1950)]
[New Thread 81926 (LWP 1952)]
[New Thread 98311 (LWP 1953)]
[evo2-sync] DEBUG: end: sync_connect
[sync_disconnect:73] ----->
[synce_join_thread:260] synce_join_thread called when no thread is running
[sync_disconnect:79] <-----
sync_disconnect
[evo2-sync] INFORMATION: start: disconnect
[Thread 16386 (LWP 1941) exited]
[Thread 81926 (LWP 1952) exited]
[Thread 65541 (LWP 1950) exited]
Keepoer
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenji Miyamoto wrote:
If I run both dccm and synce-serial-start as the same user, my PDA returns this:
Quote:
Communications Error
Cannot start communications with the desktop computer. Reconnect your device. If the problem persists, see Microsoft ActiveSync Help.

Hmmm, since this morning, I have the same problem. Yesterday it connected perfect.
How did you make it? :D
MickKi
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see on this page that I should use syncekonnector with KDE 3.5, but not multisync because it will crash. Could this be your problem?

On the other hand it mentions Raki - what do I need to emerge to get that?
jeroenr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MickKi wrote:
I see on this page that I should use syncekonnector with KDE 3.5, but not multisync because it will crash. Could this be your problem?

On the other hand it mentions Raki - what do I need to emerge to get that?

Raki is part of the app-pda/synce-kde package.

I have got it working and connected to my PDA (Ipaq), I can browse files, but not synchronize with korganizer... When I try to configure synchronization in Raki, it says "No Synchronizer found for Appointment"... any ideas?
MickKi
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, in total I have emerged app-pda/syncekonnector, app-pda/synce-kde, app-pda/synce-serial. I can now see my HTC Alpine's (marketed as an Xda IIi on an O2 contract in the UK) files when I enter rapip:/ in konqueror, but I cannot synchronise with Kontact either. Perhaps the synchronisation software is not yet developed?

[EDIT: BTW, I can confirm that multisync does not work with KDE 3.5 and the HTC Alpine. It crashes everytime.]
jeroenr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MickKi wrote:

[EDIT: BTW, I can confirm that multisync does not work with KDE 3.5 and the HTC Alpine. It crashes everytime.]

Yeah, I have that too... is there anyone who knows how to get Raki to sync with korganizer / kontact??
jeroenr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeroenr wrote:

is there anyone who knows how to get Raki to sync with korganizer / kontact??

Is there really noone who has this working and / or knows how to do so?
soviet/funk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP on this. I am emerging synce-kde right now, and need to sync my new Qtek 9100 with Kontact adressbooks, calendar and tasks. I'll report back if successful or cry help if not.
FYI, This is on an amd64 running kde3.5 on 2.6.15-gentoo-r5. Had to add a number of ~amd64 packages to /etc/portage/package.keywords.
a whole shitload of gentoo servers
soviet/funk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No success yet. Haven't found all the problems yet, but some are because my device (Qtek 9100 aka HTC Wizard aka iMate K-Jam) runs Windows Mobile 5. Had to follow this guide for the basic USB connection:
http://www.synce.org/index.php/Connecting_your_Windows_Mobile_2005_device_via_USB

Then i tried following this guide, as it claims to be necessary for syncing:
http://www.synce.org/index.php/Building_SynCE_with_Windows_Mobile_2005_support_from_Subversion

I had problems linking the libraries, and it seemed that the ~amd64 versions in portage were nearly as recent. I did figure out the linking problems later(app-pda/synce-libsynce didn't seem to update pkg-config correctly) and installed vdccm from svn, since the synce-kde package doesn't include the "triggerconnect" app, which was referenced in this guide:
http://www.synce.org/index.php/Starting_A_Connection

I get a handshake going with the device, but the command "pls", which should give a content listing of the device, returns:
Code:
pls: Unable to initialize RAPI: An unspecified failure has occurred

vdccm shows that the client disconnects immediately after connecting:
Code:

[void RapiConnection::handshakeClientInitialized(unsigned char*):112] OSVersion: 5.1
[void RapiConnection::handshakeClientInitialized(unsigned char*):119] DeviceName: FoustPhone
[void RapiConnection::handshakeClientInitialized(unsigned char*):123] DeviceVersion: 0xc30105
[void RapiConnection::handshakeClientInitialized(unsigned char*):127] DeviceProzessorType: 0xa11
[void RapiConnection::handshakeClientInitialized(unsigned char*):131] Unknown1: 0x5
[void RapiConnection::handshakeClientInitialized(unsigned char*):135] CurrentPartnerId: (nil)
[void RapiConnection::handshakeClientInitialized(unsigned char*):139] DeviceId: (nil)
[void RapiConnection::handshakeClientInitialized(unsigned char*):146] PlattformName: PocketPC
[void RapiConnection::handshakeClientInitialized(unsigned char*):152] ModelName: WIZA200
[bool ConnectionFileManager::_writeConnectionFile(std::string, const WindowsCEDeviceBase*):115] Writing client-file: /home/kevin/.synce/FoustPhone
[bool ConnectionFileManager::_writeConnectionFile(std::string, const WindowsCEDeviceBase*):115] Writing client-file: /home/kevin/.synce/active_connection
[static void Utils::runScripts(std::string, std::string):229] Running script: /home/kevin/.synce/scripts/dccm.sh connect
[void DeviceManager::addConnectedDevice(WindowsCEDeviceBase*):72] Device connected: FoustPhone
[virtual void SynCEClient::event(Descriptor::eventType):66] SynCEClient reply: DFoustPhone
[virtual void SynCEClient::event(Descriptor::eventType):89] Disconnecting FoustPhone
[static void Utils::runScripts(std::string, std::string):229] Running script: /home/kevin/.synce/scripts/dccm.sh disconnect
[void DeviceManager::removeConnectedDevice(WindowsCEDeviceBase*):94] Device disconnected: FoustPhone

Stuck here right now, more later...
chrisashton84
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I was wondering if you'd made any progress on this. I spent all yesterday trying to get my tmobile dash to connect and was pointed to http://www.synce.org/index.php/Building_SynCE_with_Windows_Mobile_2005_support_from_Subversion on their irc channel, however I also get linking problems against libsynce from svn. I honestly don't know too much about how libs and all that are installed and called by make, but I've tried a few things w/o success. Did you ever manage to get this working?

Also, I tried the plain old usb-rndis driver (not -ng) and also got up to the point where I had to call triggerconnect (which means the device actually connected and everything). I'm going to try usb-rndis and the svn vdccm, which should get that. Hopefully it works, but I'm pretty doubtful at this point.

EDIT: Yep, can't get it to work - I need pls from librndis from what I can tell, and I just can't get it to link correctly.
soviet/funk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did get it to work, but I can't remember exactly how. Either I ran pkg-config "manually" or I created symlinks. But all I could do was to browse my device using pls or raki, syncing contacts and calendars seemed a dead end at the time. I set up ifupdown (or was it ifplugd?) to configure the interface and run triggerconnection whenever i connected the device, but in the end it was much easier to just use a card reader for the SD card.

Shortly thereafter I ran into more quirks with my laptop and was forced to migrate to kubuntu to actually get any work done. And the desktop i was installing SYNCE on has been wiped clean to run MythTV. Now I wish that I had written down the things i did to get it working, since it might've been useful to others as well. Sorry. Sooner or later I will try again, and even though my main machine runs kubuntu now, my heart is close to gentoo so I'll try to share anything here too. Kubuntu is nice but most things were snappier in gentoo. And the gentoo forum is still the best.
dr.bombay
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: HTC s620 aka t-mobile dash Reply with quote

chrisashton84 wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if you'd made any progress on this. I spent all yesterday trying to get my tmobile dash to connect and was pointed to http://www.synce.org/index.php/Building_SynCE_with_Windows_Mobile_2005_support_from_Subversion on their irc channel, however I also get linking problems against libsynce from svn. I honestly don't know too much about how libs and all that are installed and called by make, but I've tried a few things w/o success. Did you ever manage to get this working?

Also, I tried the plain old usb-rndis driver (not -ng) and also got up to the point where I had to call triggerconnect (which means the device actually connected and everything). I'm going to try usb-rndis and the svn vdccm, which should get that. Hopefully it works, but I'm pretty doubtful at this point.

EDIT: Yep, can't get it to work - I need pls from librndis from what I can tell, and I just can't get it to link correctly.

Hello, I was wondering if you had had in success in regards to your dash, I just received mine and I am currently trying to get synce to work,
any advice will be very much appreciated
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: