Gentoo-Sources? (keyboard/mouse)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d0nk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Gentoo-Sources? (keyboard/mouse) Reply with quote

My PC Is:
AMD 64 3200+ (winchester)
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
PDP Systems 512mb DDR400
MSI 6600GT

USB Logitech MX510
PS/2 Generic keyboard

-------

After I get gentoo mostly installed (when i can boot into the base), After 20mins to an hour, my keyboard will "stick" with numlock/capslock/scroll lock turned on (i can hit the key, to "disable" that action/effect, but the light stays on). Also, my mouse (usb) will either move insanly slow, or spaz out and go to random areas of the screen.

Both work fine for awhile, but then stop working in the way they should. The problem may or may not be X, as the problem with the mouse happens after being in X for awhile (or in and out of it repeatedly for awhile). The problems happen around the same time. It just isn't in X though, as the mouse is messed up on the console screen with GPM then.

Windows XP 64 and Ubuntu 5.04 AMD64 Live both do not have this problem. I have a feeling that it is a problem with the gentoo-sources kernel because of this. I plan on trying gentoo one more time with a vanilla kernel.

If anyone has had a similar problem, and has or has not solved it, please discuss this. I find this rather odd that it only happens with gentoo.

edit: added: The problem happened with both 2.6.11-gentoo-r2 and 2.6.11-gentoo-r7 (r3 wouldnt emerge, and r7 was latest after emerge --sync)
AngelM
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got similar proplems with r9. But at the moment no idea how to solve them.

At my system it often hangs when I try download anything.
d0nk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try using vanilla sources tomorrow after i get home from school. I will post about my progress then.
luna80
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same problem with my usb keyboard (any problem with the usb mouse), no idea about the solution :?
tridi_animeitor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the problem with the usb keyboar i have a ps2 mouse...
i turned on debugging of usb on the kernel

and i get a message of nuking all the RBD's or something like that, sorry im not in linux right now
then the keyboar stops working. if i was pressing a key, that key keeps pressed until i unplug the keyboard
and plug it again.

searching around on the web for that error i get kernel bugs pages only.. so it might be gentoo sources
i was planning to use vanilla sources too... but i havent had time...

so post any of your progress
d0nk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have tried the 2.6.11.11 vanilla sources, and I still get the problem. This is starting to annoy me. I do, however, believe that I've found whats causing it.

dmesg gives several of these, at the same time my problem happens. If anyone gets this too, let me know, it would be a great help:
Code:

atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0. Some program, like XFree86, might be trying access hardware directly.
atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0. Some program, like XFree86, might be trying access hardware directly.
psmouse.c: Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 2 bytes away.

I have been searching alot about this, and no one seems to have an answer about it. There is no know cause, and no known solution (to my knowlege). If there is, please inform me as to this! Thank you.

Also, It is NOT X! I had the atkbd.c message happen before i even emerged xorg. It does seem the error/bug/whatever is triggered by emerging stuff? (Happened several times), or even when I switch displays with my kvm switch (mouse is not kvm'ed, keyboard is).
luna80
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xorg.conf

Code:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver  "kbd"
        Option  "CoreKeyboard"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "fr_CH"
EndSection

if you don't have yet, try to add the line

Code:
 Option  "CoreKeyboard"

for me seem to work (for the moment).

<EDIT> no, is not a solution :cry:
d0nk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.6.10 worked great last night, no problems, but i couldnt recompile it (add alsa support, since i forogt it), It wouldnt recompile. I am now using 2.6.12-rc6, and it SEEMS ok, but the problem can happen any time (record was after 4 hours, but i've had it in 20 mins before too). I'll let you know if 2.6.12-rc6 is "stable" as far as the keyboard issue goes.
luna80
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I solved the problem by directly connecting my keyboard at the usb port.

(I have the problem ONLY if I connect the keyboard to a ps2/usb converter witch is connected to an KVM switch)

I dont' know if this can be a "solution" for another one.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: