emerge of xalan fails [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuel.penn
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: emerge of xalan fails [SOLVED] Reply with quote

First, some background: AMD64 running blackdown java 1.4.2. I initially installed sun-jdk-1.5 but had so many problems getting anything to build, I've ripped out everything I emerged under that (emerge -C) and have tried again with blackdown. So far, most things are building, with the exception of xalan.

Code:

[javac] Compiling 2 source files to /var/tmp/portage/xalan-2.6.0-r2/work/xalan-j_2_6_0/build/classes
    [javac] /var/tmp/portage/xalan-2.6.0-r2/work/xalan-j_2_6_0/src/org/apache/xalan/xsltc/util/JavaCupRedirect.java:88: cannot access java_cup.Main
    [javac] bad class file: /var/tmp/portage/xalan-2.6.0-r2/work/xalan-j_2_6_0/bin/java_cup.jar(java_cup/Main.class)
    [javac] class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0
    [javac] Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.
    [javac]                  java_cup.Main.main(new_args);
    [javac]                              ^
    [javac] 1 error

BUILD FAILED
/var/tmp/portage/xalan-2.6.0-r2/work/xalan-j_2_6_0/build.xml:325: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 22 seconds

!!! ERROR: dev-java/xalan-2.6.0-r2 failed.

I have built xerces okay, and plenty of other packages, but xalan refuses to build. I have tried clearing out the /var/tmp/portage/xalan-2.6.0-r2 directory to ensure it is building it fresh, and still I get the same problem. Other threads I've seen suggest simply building xerces first (since there was original a 'xerces-2 package not found' error before this one), but that hasn't cleared up the problem.

Has anyone else seen this and managed to fix it?

Last edited by samuel.penn on Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
spielc
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: emerge of xalan fails Reply with quote

samuel.penn wrote:

Code:

[javac] Compiling 2 source files to /var/tmp/portage/xalan-2.6.0-r2/work/xalan-j_2_6_0/build/classes
    [javac] /var/tmp/portage/xalan-2.6.0-r2/work/xalan-j_2_6_0/src/org/apache/xalan/xsltc/util/JavaCupRedirect.java:88: cannot access java_cup.Main
    [javac] bad class file: /var/tmp/portage/xalan-2.6.0-r2/work/xalan-j_2_6_0/bin/java_cup.jar(java_cup/Main.class)
    [javac] class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0
    [javac] Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the classpath.
    [javac]                  java_cup.Main.main(new_args);

[javac]                              ^
    [javac] 1 error

BUILD FAILED
/var/tmp/portage/xalan-2.6.0-r2/work/xalan-j_2_6_0/build.xml:325: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 22 seconds

!!! ERROR: dev-java/xalan-2.6.0-r2 failed.

This looks like the java_cup.jar file is currupted (at least java_cup/Main is ...)

Do a rm -rf /usr/portage/distfiles/* and try it again (it should download all the necessery files again maybe the files aren't currupted this time...)
samuel.penn
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: emerge of xalan fails Reply with quote

spielc wrote:

This looks like the java_cup.jar file is currupted (at least java_cup/Main is ...)

Do a rm -rf /usr/portage/distfiles/* and try it again (it should download all the necessery files again maybe the files aren't currupted this time...)

Deleted the java_cup_v10k.tar.gz file, did an emerge -C javacup; emerge javacup; emerge xalan and it all worked.
Thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: