KDE 3.4 stable
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chatgris
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: KDE 3.4 stable Reply with quote

I've been watching for a few months now for the kde 3.4 ebuilds to be marked stable... I generally try syncing and then attempt an

Code:

emerge kde-meta

but it reports the ebuild as masked...

I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong since I've never known a KDE release to take this long to be marked stable... Am I doing something wrong or is KDE 3.4.x really not marked as stable yet?

Thanks, Josh

Due credit for avatar from http://www.aikida.net
lotw
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: KDE 3.4 stable Reply with quote

chatgris wrote:
I've been watching for a few months now for the kde 3.4 ebuilds to be marked stable... I generally try syncing and then attempt an

Code:

emerge kde-meta

but it reports the ebuild as masked...

I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong since I've never known a KDE release to take this long to be marked stable... Am I doing something wrong or is KDE 3.4.x really not marked as stable yet?

Thanks, Josh

No, they haven't released it as stable yet. It is taking longer since they say they are making sure it works better then the current released 3.3. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing, since I have never had a problem with 3.3 and most people are not having problems with 3.4 that have already installed it.
bur
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chatgris,

why not unmask the builds and try if they run stable for you? You can keep your old 3.3 in case 3.4 won't run smooth. If you don't want to compile the whole KDE just for testing, you could "emerge kdebase-startkde kicker" which compiles rather fast (especially when used with kdeenablefinal), see if that works and then add more programs as needed step by step.

I did run 3.4.0, 3.4.1 and now 3.4.1-r1/2 and had no problems so far. It seems on most systems 3.4 is quite stable already.
Earthwings
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Desktop Environments to Duplicate Threads in favour of https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-335187.html
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: