View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nahpets
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: opengl + nvidia = xorg crash Reply with quote

In the last few days, my screensaver has been causing xorg to crash. I can make my xserver crash by running "glxgears". I think that something happened when running "emerge -avuD world". I'm not sure what's changed, the nvidia drivers weren't upgraded. I have the following in my logs, could it be PAM related? Anyone else having this problem?

From syslog:
Code:

Jun 13 10:30:29 desktop1 kdm: :0[3556]: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib/security/pam_console.so)
Jun 13 10:30:29 desktop1 kdm: :0[3556]: PAM [dlerror: /lib/security/pam_console.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory]
Jun 13 10:30:29 desktop1 kdm: :0[3556]: PAM adding faulty module: /lib/security/pam_console.so
Jun 13 10:30:29 desktop1 kde(pam_unix)[3556]: session opened for user nahpets by (uid=0)
Jun 13 10:43:17 desktop1 kdm[9709]: X server for display :0 terminated unexpectedly

from kdm.log
Code:

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside.
alechiko
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What OpenGL implementation are you currently using?
nahpets
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the nvidia drivers, so it's the opengl supplied by them.
Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: