View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chubster
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Emerge Gnome error Reply with quote

Hey, I just finished installing gentoo and grub and it seemed to all be working well. I rebooted and logged in under root and typed "emerge gnome" and I got an error saying:

IOError: [Errno2] No such File or directory: '//var/lib/partage/world

Would that be caused by the fact that I might have forgotten to either mount or umount my var partition during installation? How can I fix this without having to start all over?
LordArthas
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Emerge Gnome error Reply with quote

Hi!

Chubster wrote:
Would that be caused by the fact that I might have forgotten to either mount or umount my var partition during installation? How can I fix this without having to start all over?

This is a problem, as /var/lib/portage/world should contain the list of the installed packages which are part of your world group (which comes handy when you upgrade or search for unlinked packages).

There should be a tool to rebuild it (but you'll have to take a look at its contents then), try searching around in the forums.

Michele.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: