QEMU oddities
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meaulnes
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: QEMU oddities Reply with quote

I have installed qemu and am having a couple of issues ...

I got Win2k installed in QEMU, and the install seemed to go through fine. However, once I got into the 2k system, I started having some problems....

First some base info:

My host system is Gentoo, running ~x86. It is a Dual Xeon 2.6 with 2G ram.
I am running QEMU 0.7.0 with KQEMU. Windows2k is installed on a 15G virtual drive.

Since I use Window for programming a VB6 interface to a postgresql database, the first thing I did was to install pgsqlODBC. Seemed to install fine from the MSI. So I went into ODBC setting and attempted to setup a system DSN. Looked like it was working, but it wouldn't actually show up in the list of system DSNs after I finished. I thought that was odd and decided to try something else.

So I went to Windows update, and got stuck in a loop. (Update wanted me to update the update software, but just kept looping through .. .no errors, just a loop).

Next I decided to install Firefox. The FF installer warned me that I didn't have sufficient privileges to perform the install, but allowed me to continue. So I double checked that the account I was using was an Administrator, which it was, and continued the install. Firefox installed and seems to run fine.

Onto Visual Studio 6. I got all kinds of permissions errors during the install, and in the end, the install failed.

Has anyone ever seen this before? I ran into similar problems (especially with Windows Update) when I installed XP in QEMU.

It almost seems like something is not allowing writes to certain areas of the registry.

My virutal HDD is set 644, with my user as the owner.

Any help is appreciated.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: