View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagusWizardo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] GNOME Apps in Fluxbox Reply with quote

I am, for several reasons, not overly fond of GNOME or XFCE. But, I like what they do to my GTK apps (which I run almost exclusively) - they make them less ugly (and, ofcourse, let me theme them). Obviously, something that those WMs run causes this, but what exactly? More specifically, is there any easy way I can achieve this in Fluxbox?
What I have found before is that running xfce4-panel will do it, but this is less than ideal since I can see the panel - I would prefer, if possible, something that doesn't actually show any sign of being there, except for de-uglyfying the apps.

Last edited by MagusWizardo on Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
FuckingFreaky
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what you exactly mean. Gnome apps as you say, are normally apps build with GTK+ (the graphic library).

You can run GTK+ apps perfectly in fluxbox. Maybe you refer to the themes GTK+ support. To change/apply themes in GTK+ in fluxbox you can download any GTK theme you want and then change beween them with gtk-chtheme.

See ya!
MagusWizardo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gtk-chtheme seems to be exactly what I want. Thanks. :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: