USE flags and package.keywords are ignored
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zsurgeon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: USE flags and package.keywords are ignored Reply with quote

I've just installed Gentoo 2005.0 (stage1)..

when i reboot after the final installation steps... emerge ignores use flags, and package.keywords... :?

i have this in my /etc/portage/package.keywords
>=dev-php/mod_php-5.0.0 ~x86
>=dev-php/php-5.0.0 ~x86
>=dev-db/mysql-4.1.0 ~x86

emerge still wants to install a php version 4.4.. :?

wut did i do wrong,..( or didnt do..).. ? please advise..
osaft
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: format of package.keywords:

f.e.: dev-php/mod_php ~x86 , without the version number because you want to tell portage to use unstable package-versions from that package.

2: due to the fact, that f.e. mod_php is marked 'masked' you have to add your line to package.unmask.

f.e.: >=dev-php/mod_php-5.0.0

use packages.gentoo.org to view the status of particular package-versions.

Hope that helps,

Greets
wjholden
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under no circumstances should you use packages.keywords to unmask a package to blindly accept ~x86. You will trash your system doing that mess eventually.
Your problem is that you almost certainly do not have the ebuild necessary to complete your request.

Do this. When I
Code:
 # ls /usr/portage/dev-php/mod_php/
ChangeLog  metadata.xml              mod_php-4.3.11-r1.ebuild  mod_php-4.3.8.ebuild      mod_php-4.4.0_rc1.ebuild
Manifest   mod_php-4.3.10-r1.ebuild  mod_php-4.3.11-r2.ebuild  mod_php-4.3.9.ebuild      mod_php-5.0.4.ebuild
files      mod_php-4.3.10.ebuild     mod_php-4.3.11.ebuild     mod_php-4.3.9_rc1.ebuild  mod_php-5.1.0_beta.ebuild

Take a look for yourself and see what ebuilds you've got. See mod_php-5.0.4.ebuild? Or something else in the 5.0.x series? Ok, let me reiterate you should be very, very cautious using ~x86 packages in the first place. Don't ever use a beta package unless you have a really, really good reason to, and I can't think of one for mod_php unless you're a software engineer. So 5.0.x it is.
Code:
echo =dev-php/mod_php-5.0.4 ~x86 >> /etc/portage/package.keywords

Remove the original stuff you had. Repeat for other packages.

As for the USE flags, make 100% sure it's ignoring them by changing something in /etc/make.conf and run emerge -pv package (make sure the package you're pretending with implements that flag). If it doesn't change there's some problem with your make.conf. Run emerge --info to help identify the problem (there are a ton of emerge --info's floating around on this forum you can use for examples for comparision). If you need a specific USE flag set for those packages, I recommend setting it in /etc/portage/package.use.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: