mythtv segfaults at random
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splaq
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: mythtv segfaults at random Reply with quote

MythTV is segfaulting at random..why?..im not sure why it's doing this..i use mythweb for the interface and mythfrontend, it seems to be more frequent with mythweb if i dont touch it, it seems to do alright, but when i start adding shows it'll segfault, i have V 0.18.1 for mythtv and mythweb, mythweb is running on my server system cause this one does'nt have apache or any of that on it..the mysql DB however is on this system with mythweb..

my system is a P4 3.06 with 512MB ram, radeon 9800 pro 120GB 7200rpm WD1200, lite-on DVD+RW
gentoo-2.6.11-r9 kernel
win-tv-go tv tuner bt87x chipset

im not sure what info to display, it also seems to be more frequent if i run the mythtv init script
the way i figured out it was segfaulting is mythbackend --verbose all and watched till it finally segfaulted..it does'nt give any other info other than "Segmentation Fault"
has anyone else ever had this problem?..i have changed my CFLAGS and tried emerge -e world...but that kept crashing(i thing thats to the gig of ram that's currently sitting on my desk..my buddy gave it to me and said it may or may not work..but i get weird errors with linux crashing if i use that ram..it's corsair XMS DDR400 maybe the mobo just cant handle it?" but either way i think that ram is bad...) anyways im not really sure what else to say..anything youo wanna know just ask

thanks in advance and for the record i know i cant spell :P
bkunlimited
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to make sure if the memory is the problem or not run memtest from the livecd. If this doesn't report an error paste your CFLAGS
splaq
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ran memtest on that memory before...it was taking forever...did one pass before i stopped it though...uhm..
i may not have been that clear when i posted that this morning...the ram that's in my system right now a 512 meg stick of DDR400 PC3200 is in the computer right now...no weird errors or crashes...with the gig or corsair i was getting weird system crashes dumping lots of debugging msg's to dmesg and /var/log/messages (note..the gig of ram is a compleatly un-related issue...)

my CFLAGS consist of

CFLAGS="-march=pentium4 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -msse2 -mmmx"

and well hell here's the rest of my make.conf file

CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
USE="lirc mysql unicode v4l fame dv divx4linux dvdread oss alsa sse sse2 qt mmx gnome kde dvd dvdr cdr X usb sdk"

i may be speaking too soon..but im going to say it anyways...i just realized i had freevo installed to..i wanted to check it out...well i unmerged that and it seems to be working ok..we'll see

edit #2...
well, that did'nt work
flindt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Mythtv frontend segmentation fault Reply with quote

I am also running mythtv 0.18.1 and I am getting segfaults as well.
Only mine are not random at all, as soon as I try to use any on screen menu mythfrontend segfaults. Mythfrontend does this on two maschines at exactly the same input, both when run on the backend server and on a remote client.

I am confident that it is not a HW issue due as it does it every time. (Also I have checked with memtest86 and found no problems). The server is running all stable (x86) except the madwifi-drivers, the client has no unstable packages installed.

The important parts of my make.conf on the client looks like this
Code:
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon-xp -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

USE = "kde -gnome samba mysql\
        3dnow 3dnowext sse sse2 mmx mmx2 mmxext\
        a52 aalib aac divx4linux v4l quicktime xanim xvid\
        dvd dvdread dv\
        joystick\
        flash php\
        lirc nvidia mythtv"

Mythfrontend complains about some SQL error shortly before crashing, but I have no clue if it is related...
Code:

QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
DB Error (ProgramList::FromProgram):
Query was:
SELECT program.chanid, program.starttime, program.endtime,     program.title, program.subtitle, program.description,     program.category, channel.channum, channel.callsign,     channel.name, program.previouslyshown, channel.commfree,     channel.outputfilters, program.seriesid, program.programid,program.airdate, program.stars, program.originalairdate,     program.category_type FROM program LEFTJOIN channel ON program.chanid = channel.chanid WHERE program.chanid = 1000 AND starttime <  ANDendtime >   GROUP BY program.starttime, channel.channum,   channel.callsign, program.title ORDER BY program.starttime, channum + 0 LIMIT 1000
Driver error was [2/1064]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND     endtime >   GROUP BY program.starttime, channel.channum

Query was:
SELECT program.chanid, program.starttime, program.endtime,     program.title, program.subtitle, program.description,     program.category, channel.channum, channel.callsign,     channel.name, program.previouslyshown, channel.commfree,     channel.outputfilters, program.seriesid, program.programid,program.airdate, program.stars, program.originalairdate,     program.category_type FROM program LEFTJOIN channel ON program.chanid = channel.chanid WHERE program.chanid = 1000 AND starttime <  ANDendtime >   GROUP BY program.starttime, channel.channum,   channel.callsign, program.title ORDER BY program.starttime, channum + 0 LIMIT 1000
Database error was:
You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND     endtime >   GROUP BY program.starttime, channel.channum

Query was:
Database error was:

2005-06-20 18:54:26.761 prebuffering pause
2005-06-20 18:54:27.587 prebuffering pause
2005-06-20 18:54:31.532 prebuffering pause
2005-06-20 18:54:32.465 prebuffering pause
2005-06-20 18:54:33.265 prebuffering pause
2005-06-20 18:54:34.158 prebuffering pause
2005-06-20 18:54:35.011 prebuffering pause
2005-06-20 18:54:35.878 prebuffering pause
2005-06-20 18:54:56.162 prebuffering pause
Segmentation fault
splaq
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The database error could possibly be the problem there, it's executing a ton of query's and all of them are erroring...uhm..that made no sense..but in either case i've narrowed my problem down a little more..

i have mythweb running on another computer(or had..will explain in a minute) and every time i cancel a recording of a show the backend dies..

now to explain the had..
the other box..my lowly server..died the other night in a sad dramatic death...you see what happened was..
i got sick of it being so slow..500mhz celery, old HP pavillion that a buddy gave me..well i decided to upgrade to a 2ghz CPU with a new motherboard..well newto me anyways that i got from iraq while i was there...and 512megs of ram...the new MOBO with the heatsink and CPU fan would'nt fit in the HP case..so..i had an old case from an even older computer 333mhz amd k6-2(WOW) but...that case was'nt ATX just AT..soooooooo...i modified a few things and set the power supply from the HP on a home made "bracket"(peice of metal layed across the top of the case hehe) and hooked up everyhing...errr..well...the mobo would'nt fit in that case either...nothing lined up correctly...something about putting an ATX mobo in an AT case i assume..so i modified that too...i mounted it to my HP's mobo holder...uhm..yeah..and layed it across the inside of the case...well here's the funny part...somewhere between coming back from iraq and now when i finally used that mobo...well it does'nt work..does'nt post nothing..soo..it's sitting in the storage room outside ...... no money to upgrade properly :P so im down to 1 system oh well..anywho...uhm..if any of that makes sense then im glad if not..oh well
flindt
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Mythtv segfault [solved] Reply with quote

Well, I have solved my problem.
Seems I did not set up my channels correctly, and the frontend could not handle this :? As soon as I set up two channels (and more) the problem went away...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: