XBox Live
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawaiilongboard
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: XBox Live Reply with quote

:?:How do I use Xbox live on an XBox system that has Gentoo Linux?
electrofreak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That majorly depends on how the xbox was hacked for getting gentoo onto it. If you used a mod-chip there you wont be able to use Xbox Live! because they ban people that use mod chips.
Hyper_Eye
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That statement isn't quite correct. If you flashed TSOP you will not be able to use XBox Live. If you use any of the good mod chips on the market you should be able to disable the chip. I use a chameleon in my XBox and I can disable the chip through Evox. Once the chip is disabled you can get on XBox Live. If you are using a soft mod there are methods to get on XBox Live but I wouldn't know as I only softmod XBox's that will not access live. You will be banned under these conditions:

1) You access XBox Live with a non-MS bios. This includes accessing Live with a TSOP mod, a mod-chip turned on, a bios soft-loaded through pheonix BIOS loader when using a soft-mod. If you use a recent Xecuter Bios it will block XBox Live if it is accessed with the BIOS loaded thus preventing ban. The only way to access live with a chip and the new Xecuter Bios' is to disable the chip.

2) You break marriage. The marriage theory came about when a ton of people that had mods, upgraded hdd's, and had been on XBox Live a long time started getting banned in hoardes. I got banned for this as matter of fact. The marriage theory goes like this. When you go on XBox Live for the first time with an XBox the hard disk drive in that XBox is married to your EEPROM (the information that identifies your individual XBox and also what gets banned in the case of a ban.) It does not matter if that hard drive is a stock XBox hdd or not. So, if you put a 120g hdd in your XBox BEFORE it ever goes on live you will not be banned. If you put it in after you will be banned. If you break marriage and get banned you will then have a flagged gamertag. That means if you use that gamertag with any XBox, even if it is brand spanking new, they will check you more throughly and will ban you if you have a non-stock hdd of any sort. If you get banned for this and want to keep your gamertag you have to use a stock hdd. There are two ways to get an XBox unbanned if you break marriage. You can flash the EEPROM with an unbanned EEPROM and use a stock hdd with the same gamertag or you can flash the EEPROM with an unbanned EEPROM, use a non-stock hdd that has NEVER been used in an XBox that accessed live, and get a new gamertag. In either case you have to make sure that you have the hdd that you want in the XBox before you access live with the new EEPROM and gamertag.

3) You cheat. In this case you deserve it... don't come back.

I hope that information is somewhat helpful.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: