View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuhndog86
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Problem emergeing orbit (econf error) Reply with quote

Hi,

I can't seem to be able to emerge orbit (a dependancy for another program that I need) on my ~amd64 system. It seems to be having problems with finding the glib library (It says it is not installed for some reason). Well, my gentoo would not work very well if I did not have glib :wink:.

Here is the last output:
Code:

checking for    glib-2.0 >= 2.0.0       gobject-2.0 >= 2.0.0    gthread-2.0 >= 2.0.0    gmodule-2.0 >= 2.0.0... Package glib-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `glib-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'glib-2.0' found
configure: error: Library requirements (        glib-2.0 >= 2.0.0       gobject-2.0 >= 2.0.0    gthread-2.0 >= 2.0.0    gmodule-2.0 >= 2.0.0) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

!!! Please attach the config.log to your bug report:
!!! /var/tmp/portage/orbit-2.12.2/work/ORBit2-2.12.2/config.log

!!! ERROR: gnome-base/orbit-2.12.2 failed.
!!! Function econf, Line 485, Exitcode 0
!!! econf failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

PS: I will be on vacation for a few days so if i don't get this resolved tonight it's gonna have to wait until next week.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: