View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveg3152
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: gaim-remote not working Reply with quote

I'm using gaim-1.3.1 found in portage, and it seems like the plugin gaim-remote isn't working correctly. (i tried to upgrade to the latest version of gaim, 1.4.0; it crashes on startup, but that's neither here nor there)

I enabled the plugin from the plugins menu, then tried to use the "send im" option in BEST, which didn't work. curious, I then tried to launch it manually using the gaim-remote command from the cli. the command

Code:
 gaim-remote uri 'aim:goim?screenname=Penguin'

doesn't complain, but doesn't return anything either, and there's no im window popping up. I don't know if it uses dbus or not, but i'm pretty sure I have dbus properly configured. and, for what it's worth, when I run it with gaim not running it returns

Code:
gaim-remote uri 'aim:goim?screenname=Penguin'
Gaim not running (on session 0)
Is the "Remote Control" plugin loaded?

Has anyone had a similar issue? Also, any hints for trying to debug it would be cool too.
luisfelipe
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use gaim, but just would like to point out that one of the summer of code projects
that were approved for gaim was a reimplementation of gaim-remote, because apparently
the current one isn't that good.

Also, try asking for help on their irc channel at freenode. It seems their community is quite
helpful.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: