View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HermanR
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Thunderbird tip: alternating lines in the message list pane Reply with quote

When I'm browsing through my e-mail messages in Thunderbird, I like to have alternating lines (with differently coloured backgrounds) in the message list pane. Some themes have this, but it's easy to set up with any theme. I use the default theme, which follows the gtk2-theme (Clearlooks for me).

Put the following in userChrome.css (in ~/.thunderbird/<something>.default/chrome):
Code:
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* set default namespace to XUL */

treechildren:-moz-tree-row(odd) { background-color: #F6F6F6 !important; }
treechildren:-moz-tree-row(even) { background-color: #FFFFFF !important; }
treechildren:-moz-tree-row(odd, selected) { background-color: -moz-Dialog !important; }
treechildren:-moz-tree-row(even, selected) { background-color: -moz-Dialog !important; }
treechildren:-moz-tree-row(odd, selected, focus) { background-color: Highlight !important; }
treechildren:-moz-tree-row(even, selected, focus) { background-color: Highlight !important; }

You may want to edit the colors to match your setup. I'm not an expert, so this may be improved upon, but it works for me (ymmv).
thermans
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff!! Thanks for this.

I'd like to have this feature only in the message pane, not in the folder pane. Do you know how I could do this?

Thanks
HermanR
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks... :D And no, I don't know how to do that. I like it in the message pane and in the contacts list, but - like you - I would rather not have it in the folder pane. Any suggestions are welcome!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: