ls: relocation error: /lib/libpthread.so.0: GLIB-2.0
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PipesDownUK
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: ls: relocation error: /lib/libpthread.so.0: GLIB-2.0 Reply with quote

My Gentoo system has been running for over a year. My problems began about two weeks ago with an
Code:
> emerge --deep --update --newuse world
which installed a new BASELAYOUT version and lost my network connection (which is wireless only). The Gentoo Forums suggested an emerge of wireless-tools which I tried. However every emerge I tried produced a message saying I should update Portage by emerging it. After trying that a few times I was still being told I should emerge Portage although it appeared that the latest version was installed. It was then I made a fatal mistake, I thought I would unmerge and emerge Portage; after unmerging Portage I could not run emerge.

I then began referring back to the Gentoo Linux/x86 Handbook. I should note here that my motherboard has a built in RAID capability and only a 2004.2 Gentoo CD will support the RAID (and all the disks are RAID). However I have been able to copy 2005.0 CD files to my /tmp partition. I tried following the instructions in '5.d Installing Portage' from the Handbook and untarred the Portage snapshot to /mnt/gentoo/usr. Chrooting resulted in the message
Code:
ls: relocation error: /lib/libpthread.so.o: symbol -h-errno, version GLIB-2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference.

Since then I have tried more and more desperate measures, installing 2004.2 stage1, stage2 and stage3 installs. Most recently I have tried a 2005.0 stage3 install, again following the steps in the Handbook. In all cases, after chrooting any command entered produces the relocation error message. I have searched the forums for posts with similar errors. Most were fixed by doing an emerge or running a script, but I cannot do this, as any command fails with the error.

Suggestions will be very welcome. I'll be happy to redo anything if you think it should work.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: