mplayer + xine fullscreen tft out of sync in 1280x1024
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jowilly
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:50 am    Post subject: mplayer + xine fullscreen tft out of sync in 1280x1024 Reply with quote

Hello,

Xine and Mplayer put the picture out of sync on a 19" tft in 1280x1024 (standard resolution for this 19" tft).

In window mode everything is ok (but not if I maximize the window, if the picture touches the right and left borders of the screen it is fuzzy again, like a crypted channel on tv).

So, same in fullscreen, if it touches right and left borders its fuzzy, out of sync.

When I try:
Code:
gmplayer -screenw 1200

then the movie doesn't touch the left border of the screen and its ok. But if I zoom from there, or use panscan to zoom or anything else to make the picture use the complete horizontal space then its out of sync again.

So, if I want to use panscan, for example I do -screenw 1100 or 1000 or less depending on how much I want to zoom, and if the picture doesn't use the whole width its ok.

I tried with a 17" CRT, it works. On Windows XP it works perfectly, so there's nothing wrong with the screen.

What can I do to make this fullscreen work correctly ?

Thanks for any advice.
Jowilly
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem in other resolutions, I have just tried it.
Other video playing programs have the same problem. This happens only when playing video.

I have also searched google for newsgroups and the web but couldn't find any help.

Does anyone have a clue of what the problem could be ?
Jowilly
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else with a TFT screen not have this problem ?

Here a soon as a fulscreen video touches the right and left border of the screen its out of sync (looks like a crypted tv channel).

Using Xfree 4.2.99.4.

With a 17" crt it works well, as in windows. So, is this a linux problem with TFT ? Or am I alone with this ?
sa
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jowilly wrote:
Does anyone else with a TFT screen not have this problem ?

Here a soon as a fulscreen video touches the right and left border of the screen its out of sync (looks like a crypted tv channel).

Using Xfree 4.2.99.4.

With a 17" crt it works well, as in windows. So, is this a linux problem with TFT ? Or am I alone with this ?

I have no problems with my lcd screen (Samsung SyncMaster 760V TFT)
Im using Xfree 4.2.99.4 w/nvidia drivers.
by "crypted" do you mean scrambled? weird...
Jowilly
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your relpy !

Yes ..well its difficule to explain, I tried to take screenshots with ksnapshot, but then the video is only blue.

If I try to make a shot with mplayer or xine, I get only the movie in its original size, and the picture is ok (but I am watching it in fulscreen and its not ok on the screen)...

So by crypted or scrambled I mean that every 2nd line is about 3 mm too much on the left or on the right:

1 line: ok
2nd line: too much on the left or right
3rd line: ok
4th line : too much to the left or right
5th line ok

etc... up to 1024 lines as the resolution is 1280x1024. But in other resolutions its the same.

The result is that the movie looks scrambled.
dbezona
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot in the dark here, but have you tried different refresh rates? I realize it isn't supposed to matter on an LCD, but on mine if I set the refresh rate to 60Hz, the default grey that X starts up with looks like noise (very wacky), but set to the max (76Hz), this doesn't happen. There is no other perceptible difference on my machine between the two settings, but this sort of isolated glitch made me think to suggest it.

Incidentally, I haven't had any issues with full screen video either on my Samsung 760v.
al
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,I just tried it with my Samsung SyncMaster 151MP TFT monitors in TwinView mode.
It refuses to spread full screen across both monitors,but does play fullscreen fine in one monitor.
Jowilly
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your feed back !

Yes dbezona, I had the max horiz refresh rate set to 80 (the real max). I set it down to 79.

Now the screen is at 60 hz (instead of 75hz) and the scramble problem is gone ! :D

And in KDE and UT 2003 I don't see any difference between 75 hz and 60 hz, so its ok.

Thanks for the hint !!

PS: I hope they're gonna fix these bugged modelines in X.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: