Problem with emerge -uD world
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Renton007
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Problem with emerge -uD world Reply with quote

When I attempt to update I get the following error:
Code:
!!! ERROR: dev-php/php-4.4.0 failed.
!!! Function php-sapi_src_compile, Line 532, Exitcode 2
!!! compile problem
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

Any idea's to fix this comlict or to avoid installing php?

Any help would be appreciated.
evster
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is not a very good answer but sometimes when I have compile errors, I just run emerge again and it works :?
Renton007
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the attempted help, but I've been trying this every couple weeks

in hope that a bug was fixed but haven't had any success yet.
metty
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I can help but...

You need to post what it says to post. I don't think any one could help with the part you mentioned, which is why it says post the error above what you posted, not the status message.

Specifically, re-read what you posted:

Quote:

If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.
Renton007
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is the only error that I found:

Code:
make: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1

Does that help at all?
Maedhros
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renton007 wrote:
Does that help at all?

Not really. :wink: There should be enough to help you if you post the last thirty lines of the output.
Renton007
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.k. Here it is:
Code:
nls/nls_ja.lo ext/mbstring/libmbfl/nls/nls_kr.lo ext/mbstring/libmbfl/nls/nls_neutral.lo ext/mbstring/libmbfl/nls/nls_ru.lo ext/mbstring/libmbfl/nls/nls_uni.lo ext/mbstring/libmbfl/nls/nls_zh.lo ext/mcrypt/mcrypt.lo ext/mhash/mhash.lo ext/mime_magic/mime_magic.lo ext/overload/overload.lo ext/pcre/pcrelib/maketables.lo ext/pcre/pcrelib/get.lo ext/pcre/pcrelib/study.lo ext/pcre/pcrelib/pcre.lo ext/pcre/php_pcre.lo ext/posix/posix.lo ext/pspell/pspell.lo ext/session/session.lo ext/session/mod_files.lo ext/session/mod_mm.lo ext/session/mod_user.lo ext/shmop/shmop.lo ext/sockets/sockets.lo regex/regcomp.lo regex/regexec.lo regex/regerror.lo regex/regfree.lo ext/standard/array.lo ext/standard/base64.lo ext/standard/basic_functions.lo ext/standard/browscap.lo ext/standard/crc32.lo ext/standard/crypt.lo ext/standard/cyr_convert.lo ext/standard/datetime.lo ext/standard/dir.lo ext/standard/dl.lo ext/standard/dns.lo ext/standard/exec.lo ext/standard/file.lo ext/standard/filestat.lo ext/standard/flock_compat.lo ext/standard/formatted_print.lo ext/standard/fsock.lo ext/standard/head.lo ext/standard/html.lo ext/standard/image.lo ext/standard/info.lo ext/standard/iptc.lo ext/standard/lcg.lo ext/standard/link.lo ext/standard/mail.lo ext/standard/math.lo ext/standard/md5.lo ext/standard/metaphone.lo ext/standard/microtime.lo ext/standard/pack.lo ext/standard/pageinfo.lo ext/standard/parsedate.lo ext/standard/quot_print.lo ext/standard/rand.lo ext/standard/reg.lo ext/standard/soundex.lo ext/standard/string.lo ext/standard/scanf.lo ext/standard/syslog.lo ext/standard/type.lo ext/standard/uniqid.lo ext/standard/url.lo ext/standard/url_scanner.lo ext/standard/var.lo ext/standard/versioning.lo ext/standard/assert.lo ext/standard/strnatcmp.lo ext/standard/levenshtein.lo ext/standard/incomplete_class.lo ext/standard/url_scanner_ex.lo ext/standard/ftp_fopen_wrapper.lo ext/standard/http_fopen_wrapper.lo ext/standard/php_fopen_wrapper.lo ext/standard/credits.lo ext/standard/css.lo ext/standard/var_unserializer.lo ext/standard/ftok.lo ext/standard/aggregation.lo ext/standard/sha1.lo ext/sysvmsg/sysvmsg.lo ext/sysvsem/sysvsem.lo ext/sysvshm/sysvshm.lo ext/tokenizer/tokenizer.lo ext/wddx/wddx.lo ext/xml/xml.lo ext/xml/expat/xmlparse.lo ext/xml/expat/xmlrole.lo ext/xml/expat/xmltok.lo ext/xmlrpc/xmlrpc-epi-php.lo ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/base64.lo ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/simplestring.lo ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/xml_to_dandarpc.lo ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/xmlrpc_introspection.lo ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/encodings.lo ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/system_methods.lo ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/xml_to_xmlrpc.lo ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/queue.lo ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/xml_element.lo ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/xmlrpc.lo ext/xmlrpc/libxmlrpc/xml_to_soap.lo ext/xslt/xslt.lo ext/xslt/sablot.lo ext/yp/yp.lo TSRM/TSRM.lo TSRM/tsrm_strtok_r.lo TSRM/tsrm_virtual_cwd.lo main/main.lo main/snprintf.lo main/spprintf.lo main/php_sprintf.lo main/safe_mode.lo main/fopen_wrappers.lo main/alloca.lo main/php_scandir.lo main/php_ini.lo main/SAPI.lo main/rfc1867.lo main/php_content_types.lo main/strlcpy.lo main/strlcat.lo main/mergesort.lo main/reentrancy.lo main/php_variables.lo main/php_ticks.lo main/streams.lo main/network.lo main/php_open_temporary_file.lo main/php_logos.lo main/output.lo main/memory_streams.lo main/user_streams.lo Zend/zend_language_parser.lo Zend/zend_language_scanner.lo Zend/zend_ini_parser.lo Zend/zend_ini_scanner.lo Zend/zend_alloc.lo Zend/zend_compile.lo Zend/zend_constants.lo Zend/zend_dynamic_array.lo Zend/zend_execute_API.lo Zend/zend_highlight.lo Zend/zend_llist.lo Zend/zend_opcode.lo Zend/zend_operators.lo Zend/zend_ptr_stack.lo Zend/zend_stack.lo Zend/zend_variables.lo Zend/zend.lo Zend/zend_API.lo Zend/zend_extensions.lo Zend/zend_hash.lo Zend/zend_list.lo Zend/zend_indent.lo Zend/zend_builtin_functions.lo Zend/zend_sprintf.lo Zend/zend_ini.lo Zend/zend_qsort.lo Zend/zend_multibyte.lo Zend/zend_strtod.lo Zend/zend_execute.lo ext/ncurses/ncurses.lo ext/ncurses/ncurses_fe.lo ext/ncurses/ncurses_functions.lo ext/pcntl/pcntl.lo ext/pcntl/php_signal.lo ext/readline/readline.lo sapi/cli/php_cli.lo sapi/cli/getopt.lo main/internal_functions_cli.lo -lcrypt -lnsl -lsablot -lexpat -lexpat -lcrypt -lhistory -lreadline -lncurses -laspell -lpspell -lpanel -lncurses -lmhash -lmcrypt -lltdl -lexslt -lxml2 -lxslt -lz -ldb-4.2 -ldb-4.2 -lndbm -lgdbm -lcurl -lbz2 -lz -lssl -lcrypto -lresolv -lm -lnsl -lxmlparse -lxmltok -lcurl -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lz -lxml2 -lz -lm -lcrypt -lcrypt  -o sapi/cli/php
libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.4/libstdc++.la'
make: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1

!!! ERROR: dev-php/php-4.4.0 failed.
!!! Function php-sapi_src_compile, Line 532, Exitcode 2
!!! compile problem
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

I hope you can make something of it. I haven't found anything close to an error message.

Thanks for the help thus far.
evster
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-pc-linux-gnu/3.3.4/libstdc++.la'

This is definately the culprit, anyone know how he can get this library?
ecatmur
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have updated gcc recently, you need to run fix_libtool_files.sh
Maedhros
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha. This FAQ should help you: GF18: Emerge fails after upgrading gcc. libstdc++.la missing. ;)

Moved from Portage & Programming to Duplicate Threads.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: