View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flox
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: evolution has disabled OK button in preference/user accounts Reply with quote

Hi,

I got a little problem, that drives me almost crazy.

I need to change my smtp server cause I got a new provider. But everytime I change anything in
"Edit/Preferences/Mail Accounts" in a certain account the "OK" button becomes immedeatly disabled. This makes it impossible for me to change the account.

This must be pretty recently cause 4 weeks ago I had no problem with it. I have got evolution-2.2.3-r3.

Does anyone have an idea what could have caused this problem?

Thx for any help.

br,
Flox

P.S.:
I know I could make a new user account everytime I change a single setting, but that can't be the way it's supposed to be.
spdmnd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same Problem here. Did you find a way to fix this?
flox
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi spdmnd,

Unfortunately I haven't found a solution. I have some nasty workarounds for me:
If I am in a subnet where I would have to change the settings I do

1.) ssh to a sever where I have a functioning setting (using mutt)
or
2.) add a completely new acccount.

Sorry, but I wasnt' willing to spend more time in research, cause I am very busy recentley.
If I ever find a solution I will post it here. Actually right now I am hoping this will be solved in the next ebuild coming out conerning evolution.

br,
Flox
crudh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know I have the same version and I don't have that problem.

I compiled it with:

Code:
mail-client/evolution-2.2.3-r3  +crypt +dbus -debug -doc +gstreamer +ipv6 -kerberos -krb4 +ldap +mono +mozilla -nntp -pda +spell +ssl -static

in case it could help.
flox
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I didn't solve the problem for my old settings, but after emerging evolution-2.4.0 the problem was gone. So I agree with crudh and think it must be a special combination of the evolution-2.2.3-r3 with some USE flags.

br,
Flox
log
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this same problem right now with 2.4.1

This is mildly annoying since evolution cant send any mail at the moment..grr
derFrank
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record: I've got the problem here with Evolution 2.2.3-r3
use-flags:
Quote:

mail-client/evolution-2.2.3-r3 +crypt -dbus -debug +doc +gstreamer +ipv6 -kerberos -krb4 +ldap -mono +mozilla -nntp -pda +spell +ssl -static

[EDIT]

Ok, starting Evolution manually revealed that it did not find the libgnutls.so.11 file (which was no longer on my system since it has been updated).
A litte forum-search later I found the solution for my problem at:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-334044.html
I just had to create the symlink from the first post and now everything works again...

hth Frank
meitnerium
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Same kind of problem Reply with quote

I use evolution 2.4.1 and a manual launch of evolution give :
Code:

evolution-shell-Message: Killing old version of evolution-data-server...

(evolution:6260): evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot activate 'OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_Component:2.4': g_module_open of `/usr/lib/evolution/2.4/components/libevolution-calendar.so' failed with `libsoup-2.2.so.7: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partag\xe9: Aucun fichier ou r\xe9pertoire de ce type'

(evolution:6260): evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot activate 'OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Tasks_Component:2.4': g_module_open of `/usr/lib/evolution/2.4/components/libevolution-calendar.so' failed with `libsoup-2.2.so.7: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partag\xe9: Aucun fichier ou r\xe9pertoire de ce type'

(evolution:6260): e-utils-WARNING **: can't load plugin 'libsoup-2.2.so.7: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partag\xe9: Aucun fichier ou r\xe9pertoire de ce type'

So I do :

Code:

ln -s  /usr/lib/libsoup-2.2.so.8 /usr/lib/libsoup-2.2.so.7

Since a ldconfig, env-update and source /etc/profile didn't worked... And now I can change my setting and save it... Expecting that help you ...
meowsqueak
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem and the stderr log was complaining about libsoup. Anyway, this eventually pushed me to unmasking evolution-2.4 which I have now and it seems to be working again.
damogran
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Same kind of problem Reply with quote

meitnerium wrote:
I use evolution 2.4.1 and a manual launch of evolution give :
Code:

evolution-shell-Message: Killing old version of evolution-data-server...

(evolution:6260): evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot activate 'OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_Component:2.4': g_module_open of `/usr/lib/evolution/2.4/components/libevolution-calendar.so' failed with `libsoup-2.2.so.7: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partag\xe9: Aucun fichier ou r\xe9pertoire de ce type'

(evolution:6260): evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot activate 'OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Tasks_Component:2.4': g_module_open of `/usr/lib/evolution/2.4/components/libevolution-calendar.so' failed with `libsoup-2.2.so.7: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partag\xe9: Aucun fichier ou r\xe9pertoire de ce type'

(evolution:6260): e-utils-WARNING **: can't load plugin 'libsoup-2.2.so.7: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partag\xe9: Aucun fichier ou r\xe9pertoire de ce type'

So I do :

Code:

ln -s  /usr/lib/libsoup-2.2.so.8 /usr/lib/libsoup-2.2.so.7

Since a ldconfig, env-update and source /etc/profile didn't worked... And now I can change my setting and save it... Expecting that help you ...

Worked for me, thx ;-)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: