xorg 100hz tv-out (doublescan?)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahorn
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: xorg 100hz tv-out (doublescan?) Reply with quote

Hi, I'm using freevo over sdl in a framebuffer. I got a 100Hz TV, too. So I thought about getting this thing to 100Hz with my PC. What's to do? Modify fb.modes? Change the fbdev vsync to 50Hz or 100Hz (because I read that the 100 TV-Hz is only a doubled 50Hz signal) and add a doublescanmode? I don't know much things about that. I played a lil bit around with the kernel fb-drivers, but I get no chance to put the console to 100Hz, even Xorg wont work in 100Hz (only 60Hz told me the log). I know that the TV-Out chip doesn't support higher refresh rates over 60Hz, so is there a way to double the 50Hz? If there's no way to get this in framebuffer, is there a chance to get 100Hz in Xorg?

The graphic card is a PCI Radeon 9250.

Last edited by ahorn on Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
ahorn
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i switched to xorg. now my problem is, that i got only a real picture at the tv with vesa-driver, but with that, watching videos over sdl wont work. the radeon-driver works (i can go into with vnc), but the tv-picture is bad (only two flimmering lines). The badness is, the tv is a 100hz model. i tried several modelines. so have anybody outhere an answer to my problem, please help.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: