mplayerplug-in causes firefox lock ups [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Jim Slade
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: mplayerplug-in causes firefox lock ups [SOLVED] Reply with quote

I'm using the mplayerplug-in within firefox on two computers here, and both of them have trouble getting to view trailers at www.apple.com or www.quicktime.com. When I go to the site, firefox freaks out and starts opening and closing all these little pop up windows with blue inside them. If I try to click through to the trailers site, firefox locks up and I have to kill it via the terminal. Also, quite frequently whatever is playing via the plugin will not play completely... it'll just stop at some point, likes its done, but it obviously just quit playing. I have emerged the latest testing version which might help with that problem, but the strange pop ups persist...

any ideas? And, are there any other plugins that'll work on amd64? On 64-bit I can play the quicktime trailers, but no sound... surprised I get that much, but is there anything else that does completely work?

Last edited by Big Jim Slade on Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
WTFman
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd sugest setting the vo option to vo=x11 in /etc/mplayerplug-in.conf
Big Jim Slade
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... changing to X11 allows the little pop up window contents to show, rather than just being blue. One of the is a stupid little box that has a Quicktime logo and says "Launch Guide in Player". Apple must really be insistent on me reading that guide, eh? Well... the first time loaded up with this change, Firefox crashed after a few of these windows popped up. Loaded it back up from a command line to see if it would output any error messages, and it hasn't crashed since. Pop ups still occur, but now if I click on a link it'll allow me to pass to the trailer site instead of locking up. So, while I'd like to get rid of the idiotic pop ups all together, at least I can work with this.

Thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: