View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheriff-jms
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: evolution 2.2.3r3 - error logging? Reply with quote

I recently migrated from Evolution 1.4.1 on my SuSE box at work to Evolution 2.2.3r3 on my laptop (running Gentoo). I expected the transition to be a bit bumpy, but what would help out greatly is if the errors that are popped up on the screen, along with any other relevant data, were logged somewhere. The only messages that seem to show up when I launch evolution from a shell are internal communication messages.

For example, I have a meeting response sitting in my outbox - when I try to force it to send, I get this error:
Code:

Error while performing operation.

Could not send message.
This might mean your account is over quota.

There are no quotas or disk space issues on my laptop's /home partition, nor should there be any quota issues on the Exchange server I'm connecting to - I just got rid of a bunch of old messages. Another error message pops up, but is immediately replaced by the message above. If the contents of the first error message are logged somewhere, that may help me get a better handle on what the problem is.

I didn't see any relevant log files anywhere in my home directory tree or in /var/log/

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

jms
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: