Power interrupt during install
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kingedgar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Power interrupt during install Reply with quote

I had my first ever power interuption during install. The system was in the middle of installing gentoo following The stage 1 NPTL install guide found here https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-189250.html

In particular it was in the middle of

Code:
env-update && source /etc/profile && emerge --oneshot --nodeps gcc-config && USE="-* build bootstrap" emerge linux-headers && cd /usr/portage && scripts/bootstrap.sh && emerge libperl && emerge libperl && emerge --newuse -uD system && emerge syslog-ng xinetd grub hotplug coldplug vixie-cron reiserfsprogs reiser4progs sysfsutils udev dhcpcd && emerge --nodeps acpid ntp && rc-update add syslog-ng default && rc-update add net.eth0 default && rc-update add vixie-cron default && rc-update add xinetd default && rc-update add sshd default && rc-update add hotplug default && rc-update add coldplug default && rc-update add acpid default

Doing this step...
Code:
emerge --newuse -uD system

What would be the proper step of finishing the install? Mount and chroot back in and just issue the same command?

Anything special I should do?

Thanks in advance...
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just boot from cd, mount /dev, /sys and /proc as you did before, chroot, and then issue that command and continue from there. There should be no problem unless your hd got corrupted (for halting it without unmounting the drive). If that was the case, you will need to run fsck on that disk before doing all of this. Then you should be able to continue, supposing that the corruption in your hd (if present) is not too big to be unfixable.
Kingedgar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! It seems to be working again.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: